Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Report Vs. Targets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
To whom else it may concern,

Wizard101 has been improving greatly, the great "New" world/updates are slowly improving the game. I still remember when the max Level was 90 or 95, and it slowly raised itself up in numbers. However, the number in players is also increasing, no matter the age, all ages love to play it. There is however a problem that when someone is being reported the targeted person may "Not" be a bad person. There are people who abuse this report button and I'm not sure kingsisle can hover in all of those spam reports, because their can be hundreds of spam reports per day or maybe even /hour. Kingsisle really is working hard to kick toxic people who want to harm others in the game or provoke them to get them reported. I recently have had friends that they cursed, do to them being provoked or excited, and been reported numerous times (this can be either a group of people agree to report and target this one person and it may take up to 5 reports to mute a person or so, making the report a way to target not toxic players as well). My friend had recently been reported for her cursing at this guy who provoked her, which led her account to be muted for 10 years. It is sad because a lot of people do break the laws of having an 18 year old account, just for them to get open chat. I'm a 16 year old, but I do have my maturities and way of calming down a group of angered people, I do have close chat, but when I play with friends who do have open chat, there are worst people older than 18+ who currently don't have the maturity to have open chat, yet. I know girls who are abused in wizard101 by other male characters, that they make male accounts to not be harassed by other players who love to target people, such as girls. I really do get concerned when it comes to girls being targets, the spam being abused, and PvP players who are bad sportsmanship report the winner with other accounts that they create.

I have a suggestion to maybe finding a way to fix this problem. Why don't we have a report button where the player has to put in the full details of the player being reported, and if they get up to five reports, those players will be put in a different list where they "won't be muted" until Kingsisle does check up on it. After a week, if the player has been reported, those reports will be deleted (for those reports could've been a lie), but if those reports have been fake do to them abusing it, those players may as well get their report privilege taken away, and/or muted/kicked for a certain time.
I wish Kingsisle the best, best of wishes to all of kingsisle and good players.

Sincerely,
Andrew

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ironcrash on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:

Wizard101 has been improving greatly, the great "New" world/updates are slowly improving the game. I still remember when the max Level was 90 or 95, and it slowly raised itself up in numbers. However, the number in players is also increasing, no matter the age, all ages love to play it. There is however a problem that when someone is being reported the targeted person may "Not" be a bad person. There are people who abuse this report button and I'm not sure kingsisle can hover in all of those spam reports, because their can be hundreds of spam reports per day or maybe even /hour. Kingsisle really is working hard to kick toxic people who want to harm others in the game or provoke them to get them reported. I recently have had friends that they cursed, do to them being provoked or excited, and been reported numerous times (this can be either a group of people agree to report and target this one person and it may take up to 5 reports to mute a person or so, making the report a way to target not toxic players as well). My friend had recently been reported for her cursing at this guy who provoked her, which led her account to be muted for 10 years. It is sad because a lot of people do break the laws of having an 18 year old account, just for them to get open chat. I'm a 16 year old, but I do have my maturities and way of calming down a group of angered people, I do have close chat, but when I play with friends who do have open chat, there are worst people older than 18+ who currently don't have the maturity to have open chat, yet. I know girls who are abused in wizard101 by other male characters, that they make male accounts to not be harassed by other players who love to target people, such as girls. I really do get concerned when it comes to girls being targets, the spam being abused, and PvP players who are bad sportsmanship report the winner with other accounts that they create.

I have a suggestion to maybe finding a way to fix this problem. Why don't we have a report button where the player has to put in the full details of the player being reported, and if they get up to five reports, those players will be put in a different list where they "won't be muted" until Kingsisle does check up on it. After a week, if the player has been reported, those reports will be deleted (for those reports could've been a lie), but if those reports have been fake do to them abusing it, those players may as well get their report privilege taken away, and/or muted/kicked for a certain time.

Sincerely,
Andrew
if you didn't break the rules, you have nothing to worry about.

kingsisle investigates every, single report they receive and false reports do not count against you. it is possible, however, that the person making the false reports will be sanctioned and lose their reporting privileges.

as for your friends: being rude or provoking someone is not reportable, but cursing is. and, regardless of whether they were provoked or not, they broke the terms of use when they chose to use that language in-game.

in order to better understand reporting and how it works, i recommend reading prospector zeke's post here.

hope this helps,

-von

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
ironcrash on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:

Sincerely,
Andrew
Provoked or not, your friend broke the Terms of Service when she/he cursed. The muting was justified. Warn your friends when this situation occurs to just click "ignore" when they begin to get angry.
You should definitely report sexual harassment!