Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
Able to play yesterday but not today. I can log on and get to where I select my wizard and then it keeps coming back with the message can't connect to the server. When oh when will this issue be resolved?????

Survivor
Aug 27, 2017
aimers8888 on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
My computer crashed and wizard101 is no longer loading, fix this problem please.
Patience, lad. KI will get this fixed and you won't have to worry. Give them time, usually a DDoS takes down a server for a long time. They're working as hard as they can - just imagine how stressful it must be for them. Patience brings rewards. I was going to suggest Pirate101 but it appears that is down aswell. I just thought I'd inform you. People called PigeonPatrol are apparently the ones taking it down. Like I said - in the future it'll get better. They've threatened to do a database leak - but trust me, that's not happening. If your account actually gets taken, email KI and they can change the password to something you know

Jack Deathblade
LV 18

Survivor
Aug 27, 2017
Suzne on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
Hi KI!

I am so sorry you are experiencing difficulties with malicious hackers. Too bad a few have to spoil things for so many.

I have been trying to participate in the various birthday activities in W101, but keep getting knocked off the game. I have not completed one dungeon without getting thrown out.

I hope you will consider extending the birthday festivities by a few days so we can reap the full member benefits and have some fun! I love Wizard101 Birthday Week!

Happy Birthday/Anniversary KI! It's been a great 9 years!

Regards!
Suzanne
It is rather a shame though, Suzanne
While we all wish that they'll extend the benefits, I doubt they will. It's not their fault we've been DDoSed and KI are working hard to restore it. From day to night - they're working on it. We just need to be patient and eventually it'll be back up. Although, I wonder why others want to ruin fun
Other than that, I suggest finding a different game you like. Just you wait - KI will have it up and running shortly, Suzanne.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2017
mothra8 on Sep 2, 2017 wrote:
Oh man!!!!!! I still can't get on......Wizard not loading for me since thursday! It's saturday!! Having Wizard withdrawal!! How much longer?????
How much longer is unknown, but they'll have it back up rather shortly. KI are working hard to get it back up - and things like this make it rather stressful for KI to fix. Unfortunately, there are some people out there who want to ruin fun and don't care about others. Just you wait, KI will have it fixed completely

Survivor
Aug 27, 2017
I have not been able to play this game for 1 week and I can not use it. I have a premium account for 1 month and I have not been able to use it. and all I want is a piece of information that satisfies us I can not read when the game is going to go anywhere I can not read

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
Wizard was up and running for a while today but is it possible that the game hasn't been on for 2 days or so,
that when it does come back on too many people connect to the game at once and the server crashes from overload?
Just a thought

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
DDoS attacks are continuing to occur on and off throughout the day, and we are addressing them as they happen. We also continue to refine our defenses with each attack.

Thank you for your patience.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
I know kingsisle have been trying their best but ever since this morning it says "You were unable to connect to wizard101" basically i can't log in etc. Please fix!

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
we all know how had you are all working to get wizard and pirate up and running and we appreciate your hard work
but at the moment it is to risky to do quests because of the game crashing nobody wants to do darkmoor or a extalted then not get reward at end.
This will not stop until the people attacking wizard are caught they are commiting cyber crime and need to be stopped

Survivor
Aug 14, 2014
if the servers are back again is our membership little bit longer or we get a sort off sorry gives for being offline that long?

Greetings Taylor

Taylor Swift level 70

Taylor Staff level 31

Survivor
Feb 14, 2016
just want to know what will happen with my membership since i havent been able to log on for a couple days.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Dworgyn on Sep 3, 2017 wrote:
DDoS attacks are continuing to occur on and off throughout the day, and we are addressing them as they happen. We also continue to refine our defenses with each attack.

Thank you Dworgyn and the KI team for all of the hard work you guys have been putting in. Hopefully the attacks will come to an end soon!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2014
Since 1:00 a.m. today, my game frequently lost connection and failed to reconnect after this. When I restart the game it will not load and sooner shows error 107. My internect connection is fine and I have never had a problem like this before W101 9th Bday Celebration. When I get disconnected I always check on twitter and forum for maintenance announcement but there are no signs that the server is down. This trouble not only bothers me but also my friends. Help please? And if it is possible please tell us why it occurs. Thanks

Lilyneate

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
Dear KI,

I know it is no fun, for me either. But if you put in a capcha it would stop a lot of the attacks.. I personally hate them but I do understand their purpose. Thank you so much KI for all the work you are going through, I know it is a thankless process with so many people frustrated. I do hope we can extend the birthday celebration as it is very fun.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
I wonder if it is feasible for Kingsisle to start a log in system like they do in many web sites where you type in a word, where it says,
"I am not a robot"
Aurialla mentioned it to me and it makes sense that if there are hackers using a program to overwhelm the game with log ins, a computer isn't going to be able to respond to that and it might stop it that way. Of course I am not a programmer so I don't know.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Whenever I type in my acc info, i either immediatly get send to that screen where it lists solutions or problems u might have (i.e. firewall or internet access and stuff like that) Or I get sent to a screen where it says the game is updating on my computer and it'll take 3-5 minutes BUT it gets send to the screen with the list again after? I am very sure It's not a firewall problem (I checked my firewall and i have wizard 101 allowed) nor is it an internet problem I definitely am on wifi. The kicker is that the game HAS loaded like yesterday. So when I first downloaded the game, there was problems with the installer wizard, it kept giving me a (client missing, install/reinstall) and Even when I did directly from the website, the only way it finally got past that was when i opened it as a administerator. However, I have the first problem described soon after. I managed to fix it somehow yesterday?? by redownloading and instaling like a load of times but I rlly don't know how i fixed it althought I did manage to get on. Now it's not working again.....???????????????

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
Hi
Sure its only DDOS?
Problems started after the update you made.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
I appreciate all the KI team is doing to keep the servers up and running. Thanks for all the hard work and keep up the good fight :)

Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
Dworgyn on Sep 3, 2017 wrote:

hi will we be able get all the days we can't play added back to our memberships.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
As an update, we continue to work on countering the recent DDOS attacks. Unfortunately users overseas or on slower Internet connections may still be affected while the attacks continue.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-availability-8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e3e0c016d4fcd/8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e498b33d93762#8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e498b33d93762

Survivor
Jan 06, 2016
Haven't been enable to play since 1 A.M today. Now, its working for me! Keep up the good work KI. Also, one more thing, could you please extend the end date of the 9th birthday celebration?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2015
Survivor
Nov 22, 2016
Wait, so does that mean it's safe to play if it works for you? It worked for me the other day, but I didn't want to play, just in case it didn't save or something.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012