Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Alaskan time here(10pm) I can log on now, but when I go to click "play" on any of my characters, still shows an error message and won't load. "Cannot connect to server" or something like that.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2015
I can now load the game up and get onto the character select, but when i click to play one of my characters, it takes ages on the loading screen and then says "Cannot Connect", Can you help?

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
hum, not back on line for me, sure I can get to character selection sometimes before crashing, even get to wizard city, but can't do anything, still everything crashing. Not fixed for me or mys sister in another state.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
I'm still having trouble connecting to the server, it allows me ingame but when I press play, the entering game screen shows up until it tells me I've timed out

Survivor
Aug 30, 2017
Dworgyn on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
We're back online! We will continue to monitor the issues from earlier, but for now, please log in and enjoy Wizard101.
If I could, believe me, I would. After the thrilling moment of getting all the way to the character selection, I select my character then I receive the "Problem Failed to Connect to Server". Ah gee. Am I not gonna be able to celebrate the birthday? If Wizard101 is back on line, why cannot I connect to a server? Please, oh please, straighten this problem out so many of us can play and celebrate the wonderful birthday event. Woe is me. Have I been uninvited to the party?

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
Still unplayable, my plants are going to be a mess :(

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
For the past two days, I still haven't been able to log in successfully. I managed to get past the loading part once, but as soon as I tried to get on a character, it would constantly say that I 'failed to connect to the server' no matter how many times I've tried.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2010
is anyone else having the problem with when you get to char select it won't connect to the game or if it does and you zone it says that area is closed then boots you back to char select?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2016
I am still unable to enter in game, Logged in successfully until character menu but when click on "Play" button it says "entering game.." and after few seconds a dialogue box says "failed to connect to servers" and options "ok" and "quit" and when click ok it takes me to character screen and same thing again and again.

Anyone else having same issue?

Survivor
Aug 07, 2017
time 2:19 est sep 1 2017 still getting the error and can't get in.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
We're back online! We will continue to monitor the issues from earlier, but for now, please log in and enjoy Wizard101.
Still having trouble entering the game. I can log into my account, but not my characters.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
The launcher and login menus are still hit or miss for me. Sometimes I'll be able to connect to a server and that's usually only for a few minutes. Any word on whether or not the server issues are related to the hurricane in your areas?

Survivor
Jun 18, 2010
Is anyone else getting "failed to connect to server" then booted back to char select?

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
it aint working

Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
not connecting to server

Survivor
May 16, 2014
Hi; I also cannot log in; once i get to my character screen it says unable to connect to server but there is nothing wrong with my pc; i checked all internet settings and all my other gaming works; is kingisle down or something?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
wrong, still cannot connect :(

Survivor
May 26, 2015
My game connects but when I want to enter with my character it says "Failure to connect to the server"...

Survivor
Nov 24, 2011
As of 11:47pm, I still can't log in. I can now get the the select a character screen, but not past it. I keep getting "Can't connect to server" and it either kicks me off the game or goes back to the select a character screen.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
I see the latest post states 101 is back online at 10:33 pm. @ 8/31 But, not for me, still unable to connect to server. West coast time is 11:50. I'm calling it a day. Or, maybe it's been 2 or 3 I stopped counting. Have a great time for everyone who's able to play!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2013
Nope still not working at all and its 11:53 Pacific Time at night

Survivor
Nov 21, 2015
I can log in, select my character, but when the loading screen appears Problem Failure to connect to server!

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Just be patient guys, remember (or have the sudden realization like I did) that Kingsisle headquarters are in Texas and that big ol' Hurricane Harvey is causing all kinds of mayhem so this could possibly be out of Kingsisle's control.