Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2012
My game loads; however, been having disconnect issues from time to time where I didn't have this before.

Seems to be getting less and less as time goes on...we shall see.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
When we are gonna be able to play? I'm talking about the players with lower internet connection? If that was what you said Dworgyn at the last comment you've made... :(

Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
*sighs*

UK here, family is in US, we're trying to play together, they are on fine the last several days. I'm not.

Down: 50.59 Mbps
Up: 20 Mbps

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
rekoot on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
It would be nice to see a note on the login screen about the availability updated more frequently, like every four hours or so?
I couldn't agree more.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2014
When will you guys actually fix the DDOS attacks on wizard101 and pirate101?It's been four days now and i still can't get on. Even though my connection bars are full.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
rekoot on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
It would be nice to see a note on the login screen about the availability updated more frequently, like every four hours or so?
This bears repeating.

Survivor
May 04, 2017
i understand ki needs to fix problems but more updates would be helpful as it has gome on so long surely wizards are starting to look for a new game

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
Live in New Zealand, have not been able to get into the game for days. Got good connection to the internet. Just wondering about any updates regarding the attacks.

Miss the game, miss fishing.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2013
On the subject of Withdrawal from Wizard 101?

Withdrawal?

I find myself awake at 1 AM,

Wandering through my back yard,

Terrorizing rabbits and screaming

Bunferatu, I know you're here!

while jerking dandelions out of the ground

In search of reagents.

I think it's gone past Withdrawal. Look forward to a solution.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I'm with HeartofTafiti on this. I was sympathetic and supportive in the first few days but patience is a currency that wears thin and I have to say 'enough is enough'. KI may be trying hard but are patently out of their depth on this.

Time to realise that the potential damage done to their revenues means it is time to call in outside expertise to sort out this DDoS. There's no shame in asking for help if you need it. Isn't that what we would tell our children if they were struggling?

I trust KI have also informed the DoJ as they will have an interest in seeing if this person can be tracked and stopped. It's no good saying they wouldn't be interested as it was 'just a game' that was being attacked. It is still a felony, a significant frustration of KI's income stream, and who knows what this idiot will go on to attack tomorrow if he turns his petulant little frustrations on some other target?

Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
Will membership be extended? I had bought the membership just yesterday.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
I am an annual member, i have spent much money in purchasing plants with crowns, the last time I was able to long in 36 hours ago I had couch potatoes go back to seed form, now my dozens of magma peas will be wilted and I dont have the energy to bring all of them back. I don't want to spend all the money it takes to get the energy to do this. I sincerely hope there is understanding from KI and they will make sure that no ones plants are wilted or dead from this mess. I will be very patient, and not hold anything against KI as long as they seem to understand what this is doing to their subscribers. There needs to ba additional layer of authorization to get by this. A capcha or storing the computers IP and that it has to match the login might help. it is what other games to that have been through this.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2017
Hello. I went to log into wizard 101 today, and I was not able to. It did let me log in once, but it said it was connecting when it got to the wizard 101 screen thing, and it never connected. Is this because of those attacks that were happening? When will it be fixed? And yes, my wifi is working fine, so it couldn't be because of that..

Survivor
Aug 16, 2017
ugh.. hopefully the game will start working again soon..

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Well, one thing KingsIsle should realize from this outage is how loyal their gamers are! I have been trying to log in so-o-o-o many times I had to admit how much I miss playing this game. Confident that KingsIsle IT can fix this, just hope it's soon Sorry this happened, we're cheering for ya

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
come on it has been down for five days now we all miss playing the game our plants will be dead and we will not be able to bring them to life even with full energy, i know KI are doing all they can but maybe it is time to get more help in to help sort it and more needs to be done on finding the culprits and stopping them

KI you can beat these bad people we believe in you all and the hard work your trying to do

Survivor
Jun 10, 2017
Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Wow, just read some of the comments on some other sites-I've always heard ya don't kick anyone when they're down already, no pun intended o.O.
KI has been a stand up, quality game provider until now, and there's no reason that I see to doubt them. Even if (very worse scenario) they don't get it fixed, it won't be because they don't want us to play, or didn't work hard to try; and, they have been fair with returning lost items, mistakenly sold items, game play problems in general, so I think once they solve this they will try to make it right for some complaints. I too am terribly frustrated, but I know the problem is bigger than just me--the Spiral is in Peril!!!!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Hello, is anyone else having the problem of logging in since August 29th? Kingsisle posted September 3rd on their twitter, "Update: Overseas players or those on slower Internet connections may still be affected while the attacks continue". The problem with that statement is that I'm here in the United States with an excellent connection wired to my router. Obviously, this has been lingering on for a few days. Does anyone know when this issue might possibly resolve?
This is extremely frustrating.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Our Tech Wizards have continued to work throughout the holiday weekend to address the DDOS attacks, which are ongoing and happen sporadically both day and night. Please know we are committed to restoring quality service as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for your kind messages of support. We value our community and assure you that we will strive to make things right once we are confident the attacks are managed and have subsided.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-availability-8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e3e0c016d4fcd/8ad6a4245e0e26b0015e4eb6dcdf346d#8ad6a4245e0e26b0015e4eb6dcdf346d

Survivor
Mar 18, 2017
i suggest using a vpn right now if you know how i doubt your get banned as they will know the reason as to why you are doing it

Survivor
May 17, 2012
Here's a little luck spell for dispelling the DDOS attack with firm support and I sincerely hope you guys catch 'em. Signed Lucas Skyblade

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
I too have not been able to play for days now. I keep trying though with no luck. I have never had a problem with KI ever. I just wish I knew why they are doing this and I am hoping someone will end up in jail for doing this to KI. Even though it isn't KI fault, it isn't mine either, yet I don't get to play as I would like. Perhaps if they put one of those log in things that computers can't do by themselves, that could be the answer, make everyone log in using it, but what do I know?

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
(When we are gonna be able to play? I'm talking about the players with lower internet connection? If that was what you said Dworgyn at the last comment you've made... :()

I have the fastest connection I can get where I live, satellite, but I still can't get in

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I think the east coast of the US is the area that has been having the least trouble. Just based on what I've seen other people saying, it seems like most other areas of the world and even the US are still struggling to log in and/or stay logged in.