Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2009
I would just like to say that I have been a member since 2009 and I have loved this game and spent time and money on this game for years. I am extremely disappointed in what is happening. I don't know all there is to know about technology and hacking and I can somewhat sympathize with what has happened over this weekend but I am getting to the end of my rope here. I realize that there are still some kinks and disruptions of service and I am trying to be good about it all. I know that kingsisle does their best to keep this game running and provide excellent service to us. But I am distraught over the amount of time that I have missed and missed out on because of all this and the crowns that I have had to spend to try and buy henchmen because one of my accounts was disconnecting while both were in a dungeon. It is extremely inconvenient. I realize I sound lame. I know I do. I don't have a lot of time to play and I counted on this time to get a lot of stuff done. I want to know what Kingsisle intends to do to make up for what has been happening during this weekend.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
I guess its still not working properly i login in and either i cannot load a wizard in or i get in the game then it shuts down after 10 mins please KI keep up the good work and stop these idiots ruining your game and our fun it is the start of the 4th day can't we catch them

Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
I have 50 MPS and my sister has 200 MPS internet connections and we have only been able to get on temporarily for a short time twice in the last few days. I understand how difficult this is for you all at KI, I will be patient as my plants die and wilt, I just hope you don't underestimate the effect this is having on your subscribers. All of my friends have said the same thing, it is very difficult to get on, then most times not playable if you are, as you lose connection with the server in battles. I know you are motivated to get this resolved and appreciate that. We all hope the resolution comes before the end of the annual celebration.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
Thank you, Dworgyn, for the update, and thank you for setting up the "Wizard101 Availability" topic to let us know what's going on.

Yours,
ssom101

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Dworgyn on Sep 3, 2017 wrote:
As an update, we continue to work on countering the recent DDOS attacks. Unfortunately users overseas or on slower Internet connections may still be affected while the attacks continue.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-availability-8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e3e0c016d4fcd/8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e498b33d93762#8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e498b33d93762
I am in Cali and was in game and all of a sudden it started acting up and now I cannot log in

Survivor
Mar 09, 2013
I wish KI would give us updates more often and not make blanket statements about refining repairs etc. (when clearly they haven't)
My speed is 240 download and 14 upload,
I haven't been able to play more then a couple hours today. SO it makes me feel like people are unaware of the seriousness of this issue in the USA as well as in other countries.

The lack of timely updates makes us all feel as though the bad guys are winning and Kingsisle is at a loss to resolve the issue.

I have to say I cannot believe it has been 3 days without any real progress.
There are options to stop these people. I know these options are time consumptive to use but techs are obviously not getting anywhere as it stands and I am tired of stressing on my holiday weekend. I wanted to buy some bundles but I am afraid to to be honest. I am more nervous from the severe delay of communication more then anything else.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2017
As an update, we continue to work on countering the recent DDOS attacks. Unfortunately users overseas or on slower Internet connections may still be affected while the attacks continue.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/headmasters-announcements/wizard101-availability-8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e3e0c016d4fcd/8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e498b33d93762#8ad6a4255e0e26c1015e498b33d93762
I am a monthly subscriber and am not being able to play my game or use my subscription i want a refund or another months subscription for not being able to fully access the game.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2016
Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
Not wanting to buy or complaining about not being able to play or use your investment is just what the attackers want to see. In reality you the customer is being attacked. The best way to combat this is to find other things in life to do until this settles down.

I am more concerned of the financial impact to KI with all this going on. I want KI to be a healthy company to support my crown investment. The best way we the customer can help out in all this is to stand by KI, not give up and let KI do the best they can until this blows over. That could be another day or another week. Whichever I will not give up on KI.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
Rowan271 on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
I wish KI would give us updates more often and not make blanket statements about refining repairs etc. (when clearly they haven't)
My speed is 240 download and 14 upload,
I haven't been able to play more then a couple hours today. SO it makes me feel like people are unaware of the seriousness of this issue in the USA as well as in other countries.

The lack of timely updates makes us all feel as though the bad guys are winning and Kingsisle is at a loss to resolve the issue.

I have to say I cannot believe it has been 3 days without any real progress.
There are options to stop these people. I know these options are time consumptive to use but techs are obviously not getting anywhere as it stands and I am tired of stressing on my holiday weekend. I wanted to buy some bundles but I am afraid to to be honest. I am more nervous from the severe delay of communication more then anything else.
its been 4days and nothing is resolved. Its becoming frustrating that I would be losing membership because of this.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2017
You got this wizard101 all of us miss talking to eachother, we hope you can figure this out soon! It would be really nice if you could give us daily updates i miss all of my dearest friends so we can get through this kingsisle love to all - Savannah Sea

Survivor
Jul 15, 2017
kristendragonhunte... on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Since the 9th birthday update this morning, my game will not load. My internet connection is fine and I have never had a problem with the game loading before. It says Patching: Configurator.exe and never loads past that. Please help?
If you haven't got the most recent update, wizard101 and pirate101 are having a ddos attack, because, sadly, these people don't care about other's fun kingsisle works day and night trying to get both wizard101, and pirate101 to work. Just be patient, and you will be rewarded

sincerely,

Savannah Sea - level 37

Survivor
Aug 30, 2017

Since the day I joined Wizard101 (Again, since history is beating me to the dust with nostalgia), there's just been nothing but disconnections and overall being unable to login errors. But, I'm a very stubborn lass. If I can't login, I keep trying, even if once i get to the title or character screen, it stops me from playing.

I was able to play for a short amount of time today and even managed to get a one month membership. Please hurry and resolve the issue as one month can go by very quickly for some of us in Arizona Time! It is very stressful I cannot even successfully complete a quest without being disconnected!

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Is error 107 due to the DDOS attacks, or is there another reason? My internet and password are both working and correct. I do not believe firewall is an issue either. Please help, any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you, Alyssa Winterheart (Storm 72).

Survivor
Dec 27, 2012
I am really starting to agree with Rowan271 and all the others who are getting really sick of how this whole thing is being handled. This is ridiculous that this has been going on for so long now and these hackers are just getting away with it and continuing their attacks every day while Kingsisle barely tells their customers anything and obviously does not have the people on staff capable enough to deal with this. Their most recent update today is a joke. Cold, uninformative and unprofessional, especially after all the patience and goodwill they've been receiving from their customers. To put out that kind of update was pathetic. I'm in the US with great internet connection and have not been able to log on once in the last 24 hours. People were really, and still are pulling for Kingsisle, but this is getting more disheartening every day. My family plays lots of online games from other companies and this rarely happens with any of them, and if it does, they take care of it right away. This is going on way too long. Fix this or hire somebody who can.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
I am sure everyone at KI are trying their best to fix the situation,
I also understand that there are a lot of frustrated Wizards out there, but they are trying their best, getting agro is not going to fix the situation any faster, I too miss the game but there is nothing we can do but be very patient and I'm sure when the game comes back online it will be better then ever and well worth the wait.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2013
i understand KI is working very hard to fix this problem, but i got my nephew for one night and we were going to have a family play night. sorry so frustrated

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
I bought 4 bundles. It was actually after the first DDoS, on the 1st of this month. That's how much I trust them to resolve this issue. Not once did I ever have even a flicker of doubt it would be taken care of.

This is their livelihood, their passion. They have the most to lose. They won't let this do them in. As a community, and as fans, all we can do is believe in them and keep each other informed.

Not that I think ill of anyone for being concerned, but it's just like they said. This kind of thing happens all the time. I only hope in the future they are better prepared.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
It worked for 2 days ago a few hours-9/1/17 , now nothing yesterday or today. Keep working it out, I'd like to play again sometime. Officially 9/4/17 and I believe it went down the 29th.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
Still offline from the DDoS here in Australia. As for the Pigeon dude, he can get in trouble with the courts and everything because of the attacks?

Survivor
Sep 10, 2016
I know you guys are doing everything to fix this but now its like the 4th or 5th day and becoming concerned that I may losing everything that I paid for with real money. There has not been any notice for like 12hours or more.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
So the game is still offline, but this time with a new error - Error 119.

Dworgyn, can you please answer my question, which is also being asked by thousands of other users. Due to the amount of time of it being offline, will the party be extended?

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
Hey KI, I see a solution has yet to be found for these attacks - Please find one soon! I feel this is taking way too long. I know everyone is working really hard at KI, I also know that there are a lot of frustrated wizards. How long, until peoples patience run out? I feel an uprising of dissatisfied customers about to happen.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Survivor
Feb 12, 2017
It would be nice to see a note on the login screen about the availability updated more frequently, like every four hours or so?