Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best School Poll

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2013
Hey! Me and my friend are trying to make a poster/infographic kind of thing about PVP, and we'd like to take a poll on which school is the best. Just say which school you think performs the best in this area! No arguments please

-dk4vision

Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
Ice is better than every type. Myth and Death are useless in PvP thats all you need to know.

Survivor
May 14, 2011
Well, in my opinion it depends on which level pvp you are talking about. At low level, around 5-20, I think fire is the best, simply because of burning rampage. I do legendary pvp myself, and I have to say balance or fire is the best. Fire has the ability to clear out shields with elves and links, or with their minion. However, balance does have loremaster, which is a highly used card for balance. All schools have their pros and cons, for instance balance obviously has loremaster, but there are no DOTs for balance to clear out shields with. If i had to pick 1 school, I'd say fire is the best.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Overall, considering every single level bracket as well as their utility in both 1v1 and group PvP, I'd rank them as follows:

> > > > > >

Of course, some excel more than others at different levels. I think this ranking is pretty accurate, though, and has been for a long time. The only major changes are Storms no longer being completely useless like they were back in the day and Myth seems to have fallen behind quite a bit.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2017
Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
You can not rank what school is better in pvp. That is impossible. And my favorite character being death I would like to argue my case. Death is in no way shape or form useless in pvp. It is actually the only school that you heal and attack at the same time. That being said death is the best school to solo with. So tell me how in the world could death be useless in pvp? That is a pointless statement. I have taken off well over 100,000 hp on opponents before I am sure I can do that in pvp. Its just the matter of who get rdy and the right cards quicker. But in terms of death being useless in pvp that is a completely false statement. I know death wizards who have dominated max Storms max Fires. You can not tell me death is useless when there is evidence stating otherwise. Every school has there strong style and there weak style. And let me tell you, death has way more strong style then weak style. Have a lovely night. Isnt the server down anyway.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2017
thomasdeath720 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Well, in my opinion it depends on which level pvp you are talking about. At low level, around 5-20, I think fire is the best, simply because of burning rampage. I do legendary pvp myself, and I have to say balance or fire is the best. Fire has the ability to clear out shields with elves and links, or with their minion. However, balance does have loremaster, which is a highly used card for balance. All schools have their pros and cons, for instance balance obviously has loremaster, but there are no DOTs for balance to clear out shields with. If i had to pick 1 school, I'd say fire is the best.
5-20, I'm not very positive about fire being the best. It's rare to find someone to help you farm the boss, and actually get the spell at that LEVEL. For people who can't put in the time or can't make connections, I would say (from lvl 5-20) (full warlord gear, spam vampire with infallible), (If they have the spell loremaster), , (If they have ramp), (Othrus is very op with a blade, if you can survive long enough to cast it), and ( High health, tank, minion, the only thing missing is some tc one hit spells) At Magus, (Loremaster), (Orthrus), (duelist jewels, triton, and a blade is all you need for warlord) (Rampage) (Full Zeus gear from Mount Olympus with wintermoon is a great combo) At Grandmaster, (Rampage) (Loremaster) (Trio can blade stack and use high level tc like Spinysaur, Skeleton Dragon, and the calendar spell) At Max, (Hard, but a shrike plus 2 sultans or calypos can kill) ( Gaze Of Fate and Loremaster is a deadly combo) (Using the trap fire strategy, they can win easily by, Using a blaze beetle, a fire from above, a brimstone, and an efreet or the 4 pip shadow pip spell for fire school) (Ice wyvern is a great spell)... You get the idea, all schools are best for pvp, if you know how to use each one and come up with something that can dominate someone.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2017
thomasdeath720 on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Death Bat is a great way to wipe out shields

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
Survivor
Jul 27, 2017
I've been a player of this game since 2011 and I know for a fact that is definitely the most powerful and is the most flexible and is the most defensive all other schools are extensions of the three strategic elements presented earlier within this post.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
WetSplasher on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Myth is the best school because it has blood bat
Of course. How dare we forget the almighty Blood Bat. I suggest we all start a petition to nerf Blood Bat; Blood Bat is just simply too OP.

Squire
May 10, 2013
I play Magus and Grand, so I'll give my opinions for both.
Magus (Worst to Best):

:
Storm is definitely not a bad school at Magus. But out of Magus they are definitely the worst due to their low health.

:
Death is also not a bad school. But there are a lot of better schools to choose from so that is why.

:
Fire is the easiest way to rank up (ramp) and maintain high rank but there are a lot of better schools.

:
This is the school I use. Guardian Spirit is OP and if they can keep their minion up and blade it can be a very difficult fight.

:
Very versatile and an ok minion and lore and no shield can keep balance besides tower shields but there are better schools.

:
Number 1 and Number 2 can easily be switched. Ice can do insane damage, they have high health and can heal really easily and their minion is overpowered as well.

:
3 blades and they win and their 700 health minion is overpowered and they can get rid of blades, shields and they can stun and overall in my opinion I think they are the best school.

Defender
Jan 24, 2009
Talon DeathWalker on Sep 1, 2017 wrote:
You can not rank what school is better in pvp. That is impossible. And my favorite character being death I would like to argue my case. Death is in no way shape or form useless in pvp. It is actually the only school that you heal and attack at the same time. That being said death is the best school to solo with. So tell me how in the world could death be useless in pvp? That is a pointless statement. I have taken off well over 100,000 hp on opponents before I am sure I can do that in pvp. Its just the matter of who get rdy and the right cards quicker. But in terms of death being useless in pvp that is a completely false statement. I know death wizards who have dominated max Storms max Fires. You can not tell me death is useless when there is evidence stating otherwise. Every school has there strong style and there weak style. And let me tell you, death has way more strong style then weak style. Have a lovely night. Isnt the server down anyway.
Death isnt useless in pvp but its still the worst school in pvp. You're also confusing pve with pvp with that response" That being said death is the best school to solo with. So tell me how in the world could death be useless in pvp? That is a pointless statement. I have taken off well over 100,000 hp on opponents before I am sure I can do that in pvp."
This shows you havent pvp'd on death or even tried. Also far as you knowing deaths that dominated max storms and fires is kinda funny, How about you get a death to max then pvp it (without jade) and lets see if you come back with that same energy.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
Well every school has their perks and downfalls but I think the best schools are between ice , balance, death , and myth because they can do multiple things that other schools can do and their faults can be easily balance out with another schools spells. But honeslty best school is situational

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
Don't know too much about low-to-mid level PvP, so I'll rank them all for max, though I do believe that the lower levels aren't too unbalanced unlike max PvP.

Best = , Good = , Meh = , NOPE =

Max PvP:
1) Balance - 1v1: , 2v2: , 3v3/4v4:
2) Ice - 1v1: , 2v2: , 3v3/4v4:
3) Fire - 1v1: , 2v2: , 3v3/4v4:
4) Life - 1v1: , 2v2: , 3v3/4v4:
5) Storm - 1v1: , 2v2: , 3v3/4v4:
6) Myth - 1v1: , 2v2: , 3v3/4v4:
7) Death - 1v1: , 2v2: , 3v3/4v4:

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
But if I were to say the two schools that could possibly top Balance and Ice on a certain condition, the two most overpowered schools in the game right now, it would be a Life as an Angel Jade and a as a Juju Jade.