Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't solo Ptolemos as a Necromancer...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Ptolemos has an 80% resistance to Death, and you can't Prism him.

Unless I buy a bunch of treasure cards, I'm out of luck. The highest rank spell I have in a secondary school is Minotaur, no mastery and no Spirit Blades. I got it solely to mutate.

At the moment I've purchased five Bronze Helephant trading cards. I'm hoping that will be enough, but staying alive for 7 turns just to use it is gonna be tricky. I suppose I could use empower?

Healing will cost pips too, and my drains are too weak to be worth using. Any attempt to keep myself alive will only prevent me from being able to do any damage.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Easy! If you cast enough blades, his shield will disappear. Check the Wizard101 boss page for his cheats: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Ptolemos#axzz4qcGy7FDT

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
The answer is actually right in front of you. Use his own school spells against him. Train or get moon school spells which will transmute you into another school temporarily like ice and life which actually boost your attack spells.

Plan ahead and get tc blades for which ever school you plan on using and blade up before you transmute. This will also get him to drop his shield.

Good luck.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Have a look at the monster's strategy on Central's website. Just google "wizard101 ptolemos" and the first entry you see should be Central's database. It outlines how to beat him

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Jacob LotusCaller on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
Easy! If you cast enough blades, his shield will disappear. Check the Wizard101 boss page for his cheats: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Ptolemos#axzz4qcGy7FDT
If I may offer some advice on forum decorum...it's always a nice gesture to read posts before responding to them.

You know, to provide relevant advice that's actually helpful. Otherwise, why even post?

Just something to consider in the future.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
dayerider on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
Have a look at the monster's strategy on Central's website. Just google "wizard101 ptolemos" and the first entry you see should be Central's database. It outlines how to beat him
I always utilize central's website. The only advice they gave that was useful was using vaporize so I could cast prisms and traps without them being dispelled.

Unfortunately, I'd need to have already beaten him to get to the vendors who sell vaporize...

- and for some reason, my silly self forgot to check the bazaar for them. Eep.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
bob3567441 on Aug 25, 2017 wrote:
The answer is actually right in front of you. Use his own school spells against him. Train or get moon school spells which will transmute you into another school temporarily like ice and life which actually boost your attack spells.

Plan ahead and get tc blades for which ever school you plan on using and blade up before you transmute. This will also get him to drop his shield.

Good luck.
Hmm...I could've gotten some TC to turn into a Treant or a Colossus...how true.

Thanks.