Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can anyone tell me what this does?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
Convert Myth damage to Lightning damage for all enemies.

So, all Myth enemies do Lighting damage or all Myth attacks against enemies now do lighting?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
TheBadmagic on Aug 24, 2017 wrote:
Convert Myth damage to Lightning damage for all enemies.

So, all Myth enemies do Lighting damage or all Myth attacks against enemies now do lighting?
All Myth attacks are converted into Storm attacks - this is best used against Myth enemies because they have a resistance to myth.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
Convert is just that it converts your myth damage spells into storm damage. We use them against another myth so instead of him resisting your spell you actually get a boost from it.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Enemies have resistance to their own schools, so Prism and Mass Prism spells are ways to get around it and deal extra damage to boot by targeting their weak school.

Myth enemies might have a 70% resistance to Myth spells, but by using a Prism, it turns in to a storm spell and does +15% extra damage now.

One thing to note though is, Traps and Prisms work on a Last In, First Out system. So if you put Myth Trap on an enemy, and then a Prism, the prism triggers first and makes the attack storm, leaving the Myth trap alone because the attack is now storm.

However, if you placed a storm trap first, then the prism, then a myth trap, all 3 would trigger in the proper order.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2017
Ah, thank you all, I'm Death/Life with like, one myth spell and my family are Ice/Fire so, I'm guessing this is of limited use to me unless we have a ton of Myth spells or happen to team with someone that does.

Thank you for clarifying.