Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

flashing

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I know there have been several complaints about the animation in the large gardens causing the screen to freeze, but now, the flickering slowing of motion has changed to flashing of the screen with white background hitting the eyes like a high beam light . . . it hurts my eyes. The last few days, I have been needing to lay down and let my eyes recover before I can play again.

I'm sure this isn't happening to everyone across the servers, but it's happening to me and I always use a white background on my systems and that doesn't hurt, it's the flashing.

Maybe you could put a switch in the controls to turn off the plant garden animation so those having a problem with it can just shut it off???

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
This also is nothing new. And there is no fix for what your seeing. I've experienced what your talking about for a couple years. Your just now seeing it in gardening. I've seen it happened randomly just walking around.

I think it happens when there server is lagging and your video card gets a mixed signal as what to show.

Unfortunately there servers are lagging all the time now. It takes forever to get updates. To go to areas. To get into dungeons. To go to your house. etc etc etc.

I can't think of a day I didn't see my wizard just freeze up for a couple of seconds. Until they (KI) looks into why its happening you'll have to deal with it. Or stop playing until it gets fixed.

Best of luck.