Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Blocks vs. Item Count

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
Hi, KI,

the castle blocks Give or take, I have at least EIGHT or more "Building Projects" going on and/or finished--several mazes and stand-alone houses, and several remodeling projects (changing one room into two, adding second floors inside tall castles, e.g.)! So after MUCH experimenting with castle blocks, here's some requests/suggestions:

Please-Please-Please see if there is a way to *not* count building blocks in housing item-counts By the time I get a big project finished, there isn't room for anything else in/at my castle!

It would be great if we could select multiple blocks and "Link" them together to allow us to move an entire structure at one time. I can't tell you the number of times I've started a project then had to move it piece by piece because it didn't fit exactly where I thought it would! I'm no programmer, but this might be a way to enable us to use wallpaper and flooring with our blocks. (Other user has also suggested "Blank," linkable walls and floors with this idea in mind.

Please go through all the block names and unify them by size. For example a "Floor Sm Castle Block" is a 1X8, (checkered) floor piece, but a "Floor Sm Inlaid Azteca Block" is a 1X4 piece! There are several more discrepancies.

It seems like some wall pieces sit on top of some floor pieces, and some "Nestle" down into them. This creates a very hodge-podge look. e.g. the "Baseboards" and "Crown molding" on the walls don't line up.

LOVE the addition of the Azteca and wood/Avalon sets, but I really wish there were recipes available to craft them all! Several of my projects are stalled out because I'm waiting to find extra pieces at the bazaar!

Speaking of the great wood/Avalon blocks, we need a coordinating door! Currently we have to use a stone door from the original set or an Azteca door--neither of which really blends in with the wooden blocks!

Since I'm making requests/suggestions, maybe the wooden/Avalon set needs it's own roof blocks. What about a thatched roof? It would be a great compliment to the wooden/Avalon "Cottage" look!

Unless I'm missing something, we need a secret passage block in the wood/Avalon style.

The place object window has a separate tab for blocks. Please add a separate tab to our backpack, so they're not listed under outdoor items. It would just make it easier to "Dig through" stuff in my backpack!

You guys are amazing! Thanks for all you do!

Eric Darkforge

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
...Adding to the post above...

Please release the entire collection of Azteca blocks in small crowns packs like the Medieval castle blocs are.

It would be wonderful if we could turn the blocks 1/4 turn (45 degree angle). As it is we can only do 90 degree turns but there are times when I wish I could angle walls and floors on the diagonal.

And yes, could you find a way to let us "link" blocks into one structure or lock them into place in such a way that we can put wallpaper and flooring on them? That would be amazing!

And ... thank you for even thinking of them! The blocks are sooo much fun to work with.

Alia Misthaven