Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2017
I've searched the help/technical/billing support area to no avail. I suspect I already know the answer to my question, and I'm not even sure if this goes here, but:

If I got a membership during a promotional period ($4.99 or something like that) will it bill the promotional price or the regular price on the next cycle?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Scot Thundershard on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
I've searched the help/technical/billing support area to no avail. I suspect I already know the answer to my question, and I'm not even sure if this goes here, but:

If I got a membership during a promotional period ($4.99 or something like that) will it bill the promotional price or the regular price on the next cycle?
Yes. Only the first month is 1/2 price. After that, it is $9.95 per month for a single account. If you decide to create a second account and connect it with the first one in a Family of Accounts, the price is then $6.95 per account.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009

That was most likely a 1 month deal. You can see what it will be billing you next month by looking on your accounts page.

If you buy a yearly deal, it will auto renew at the price you got it!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015

It will be regular.

A way I found to counter this, is if I buy a month of membership, I immediately cancel the renewal even if I plan on renewing it later. One time, there was a membership sale going on, so I canceled my renewal (which was gonna be $10) and bought a month of membership during the sale, saving $3.