Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what happened to celestia's story line

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
so first they are talking about finding a lost professor or someone important then we have to discover the secrets of celestia's magic then we finally find this frog guy who was the professor and its like no big deal as if we met just another NPC in another new area that has no special importance despite being the reason we came here in the first place and eventually Morganthe the shadow queen just gets thrown in, in some dungeon. what happened? it doesn't really follow any consistency from what I remember. can anybody who has done it more recently give me there take on it?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Below is the story of Celestia:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/worlds/celestia

It basically revolves around Astral Magic and us wizards attempting to keep Morganthe from it.

The story makes sense, but we never really get a good look into the background of the Celestians themselves (the alien looking creatures). It would be great to do a Dragonspyre-Past quest where you learn more about the Celestians before the sinking of their world.

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
I thought that the whole point of the Celestia story line was to introduce Astral magic and the second arc.

Since this is Wizard101 and the storyline had to give valid reasons as to why we had to go certain places, there would be a million and one things going wrong that we, the player, would have to fix. This is why it took us so long to even meet Professor Halston's friend. The Trial of Spheres was supposed to show how much you learned in terms of Astral magic.

The Morganthe plot is more of a subplot, showing how long Morganthe has been around and how long she has been wreaking havoc. In this story line, we find out that she has been around for centuries, and she was the indirect result of Celestia getting flooded. The Morganthe plot would eventually develop into something bigger once Zafaria came along.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 39
Mindy Rainflower 2

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
My take on Celestia is that it sets up the second story arc. It has a few things to service and in doing so, it may feel like a meandering story line.

You need the introduction to Celestian magic. Now that Malistaire has been defeated it needs to introduce the new Big Bad. And it needs an overall plot to the world as well. I think Kings Isle managed it just fine.

Steven Ghoststalker

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
the awesome pyroma... on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
so first they are talking about finding a lost professor or someone important then we have to discover the secrets of celestia's magic then we finally find this frog guy who was the professor and its like no big deal as if we met just another NPC in another new area that has no special importance despite being the reason we came here in the first place and eventually Morganthe the shadow queen just gets thrown in, in some dungeon. what happened? it doesn't really follow any consistency from what I remember. can anybody who has done it more recently give me there take on it?
Here's how I remember it from the many times I did Celestia.

Some professor guy is lost and you have to find him, and when you get to Celestia, you find out there's new schools of magic. Naturally, you being curious and all, decide to investigate further into these Astral schools. Some of the workers there then tell you that the "secrets" of the Astral magic is hidden away in this locked chamber, and the only way to get into it is if you recover the Astral artifacts and place them in a large Astrolabe. You then travel around Celestia recovering the lost artifacts, and you even discover the lost professor, who was really just stranded all this time in the Floating Lands.

Furthermore, you even discover information about a dangerous new enemy, Morganthe. Turns out that around a century (or more) ago, Celestia used to be a thriving advanced city that was located ABOVE water. However, Morganthe, eager to steal the Celestians' secrets of Astral magic, came with a massive army to take it from them by force. The Celestians were close to losing, so they summoned forth the Storm Titan, who easily defeated Morganthe's invading forces. However, the Storm Titan then betrayed the Celestians, and sunk Celestia beneath the waves. As a result, almost everyone in Celestia died and became a ghost. (This is why almost every Celestian and Morgantine soldier is undead)

Nowadays, Celestia is pretty much taken over by the Pisceans and the Crabs. Morganthe has returned once again to Celestia, and you find her in the Chancel with her minion, Big Salgio. In the following dialogue, it is revealed that Morganthe has been successful in stealing the Astral "secrets" from Celestia, and she teleports away.

She later uses this knowledge in Azteca, where she forces Xibalba to fall out of the sky and crash into the world, killing almost everyone there.