Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Open Chat?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
My account is set under 18, is there any way for me to get open chat?

Survivor
Sep 04, 2016
Whenever your account age is above 18 and you have payed for membership and crowns recently, there should be a option.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Blaze5364 on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
My account is set under 18, is there any way for me to get open chat?
Here's a copy of one of my posts:

It doesn't matter that you turned 18 in real life, what really matters is when you made your account, and what age you put on it. For example, if you made an account on February 25, 2017 and you put the age as 15, then you would have to wait until February 25, 2020 to enable open chat, when your account would then be 18 years old. I suggest you look at when you made your account, and try to recall what age you put down on it. If you don't remember, I suggest emailing Kingsisle. If the option for open chat is not listed under the account options area, then you still have to wait. Buying a membership/crowns will not make it show up if you still have to wait. HOWEVER, if you originally put down your age as 12 or younger when you made your account, then that account will NEVER get open chat. The US government makes it illegal for Kingsisle to store your age if you are 12 or younger, so there is basically no age even stored on your account when you first made it if you put one of those ages in originally. If you put the age as at least 13, then it is simply a matter of waiting.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
BrahmShadow on Aug 13, 2017 wrote:
Here's a copy of one of my posts:

It doesn't matter that you turned 18 in real life, what really matters is when you made your account, and what age you put on it. For example, if you made an account on February 25, 2017 and you put the age as 15, then you would have to wait until February 25, 2020 to enable open chat, when your account would then be 18 years old. I suggest you look at when you made your account, and try to recall what age you put down on it. If you don't remember, I suggest emailing Kingsisle. If the option for open chat is not listed under the account options area, then you still have to wait. Buying a membership/crowns will not make it show up if you still have to wait. HOWEVER, if you originally put down your age as 12 or younger when you made your account, then that account will NEVER get open chat. The US government makes it illegal for Kingsisle to store your age if you are 12 or younger, so there is basically no age even stored on your account when you first made it if you put one of those ages in originally. If you put the age as at least 13, then it is simply a matter of waiting.
One thing they could do is allow open chat after the account has been around for 18 years. That seems like something that could work

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Everyone, please stop asking this question on the boards.

It's not hard to find "HELP" and do a little research yourself. You can also contact support@wizard101.com You can search on the board for the exact same question (which is asked time and time again).

Survivor
Oct 16, 2013
If you've made your account when you were younger, but you want to enable open chat. But your account was registered as an age under eight teen. You can always send an email to support@wizard101.com asking if you can change the age on your account, you will need to give them the following information:

Your account login username (e.g: fred1324)
• The email that your account was registered under
• A picture of YOUR ID.
Some sort of identification that you own the account

If the support member emails back asking for some sort of evidence that the personal identification actually belongs to you, and is not stolen, and or a picture that you found on the internet. If you've used a credit card trying showing them the name on the card and the last four digits of the card.

Hopefully I could've helped

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Wizard101999u on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
If you've made your account when you were younger, but you want to enable open chat. But your account was registered as an age under eight teen. You can always send an email to support@wizard101.com asking if you can change the age on your account, you will need to give them the following information:

Your account login username (e.g: fred1324)
• The email that your account was registered under
• A picture of YOUR ID.
Some sort of identification that you own the account

If the support member emails back asking for some sort of evidence that the personal identification actually belongs to you, and is not stolen, and or a picture that you found on the internet. If you've used a credit card trying showing them the name on the card and the last four digits of the card.

Hopefully I could've helped
Sorry, but that information is incorrect. US law prohibits Kingsisle from changing the age on an account, which is why that feature is no longer available anymore. You cannot even provide official documentation to prove you are 18+ (which I find really dumb).