Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what inspired the Firstworld thing?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
So in Mirage, we learn a little more about how the spiral came to be and how Old Cob will destroy it. The Spiral is a bunch of worlds scattered throughout space, which were all once part of the Firstworld until they split apart. This sounds a lot like the big bang to me. Maybe that's why it's called the spiral because it's expanding in a spiral. Therefore, in order for the Firstworld to be restored, the spiral must condense (which would destroy everything), just like the big crunch. There's also this whole other part about the three titans. A storm has lighting, which is made of electrical energy, which is made of electrons; Fire is made of thermal energy which is made of protons (kind of); Ice is not very energetic so it must be symbolic for a neutron which has no charge. So if we but all of this sub-atomic particle stuff together, =neutron, =proton, and =electron. when neutron, proton, and electron come together it makes an atom which is what the universe is made of, just like how a clash between the three titans formed the spiral. Plus, when , , and comes together it makes , which is the Wizard101 equivalent of everything, and all the rest of the schools are based on these schools. On the other hand, this could all be based on the continental drift because each world is based on a part of the world, but I really don't know, it could be both, or something else, or just out of Kingsisle's head. let me know what you all think.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2015
indyjunior on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
So in Mirage, we learn a little more about how the spiral came to be and how Old Cob will destroy it. The Spiral is a bunch of worlds scattered throughout space, which were all once part of the Firstworld until they split apart. This sounds a lot like the big bang to me. Maybe that's why it's called the spiral because it's expanding in a spiral. Therefore, in order for the Firstworld to be restored, the spiral must condense (which would destroy everything), just like the big crunch. There's also this whole other part about the three titans. A storm has lighting, which is made of electrical energy, which is made of electrons; Fire is made of thermal energy which is made of protons (kind of); Ice is not very energetic so it must be symbolic for a neutron which has no charge. So if we but all of this sub-atomic particle stuff together, =neutron, =proton, and =electron. when neutron, proton, and electron come together it makes an atom which is what the universe is made of, just like how a clash between the three titans formed the spiral. Plus, when , , and comes together it makes , which is the Wizard101 equivalent of everything, and all the rest of the schools are based on these schools. On the other hand, this could all be based on the continental drift because each world is based on a part of the world, but I really don't know, it could be both, or something else, or just out of Kingsisle's head. let me know what you all think.
You're probably overthinking this a bit man. Calm down man. Of course it's inspired by a different part of the world because in for example, "Star Wars", everything looks like a biome from Earth, even if it is slightly exaggerated or altered too make it sci-fi like. They had too get their references and storyline from somewhere.

Joshua Firethorn
Lvl 36

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
indyjunior on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
What I don't understand is, why does everyone seem to think that if the Firstworld is remade, everyone/everything would die? Like, I really don't see what's so bad about reforming it, and I really don't know why everyone considers the Cabal such bad people lol. Grandmother Raven even admits that the Spiral is doomed, so obviously something must be done to stop it from being destroyed... like remaking the Firstworld :D

I also don't see how condensing the Spiral would destroy everything. If I could use the Song of Creation to remake the Firstworld, then I would just have the worlds of the Spiral all GENTLY float next to teach other where they are almost touching. Then, I would use gorilla glue (or something like that...) and just glue all the worlds back together until I have one large, floating, misshapen landmass. Everyone would still be alive, and the Spiral's doom would never have happened (since there would be no more Spiral in this situation)

Defender
May 11, 2013
BrahmShadow on Aug 12, 2017 wrote:
What I don't understand is, why does everyone seem to think that if the Firstworld is remade, everyone/everything would die? Like, I really don't see what's so bad about reforming it, and I really don't know why everyone considers the Cabal such bad people lol. Grandmother Raven even admits that the Spiral is doomed, so obviously something must be done to stop it from being destroyed... like remaking the Firstworld :D

I also don't see how condensing the Spiral would destroy everything. If I could use the Song of Creation to remake the Firstworld, then I would just have the worlds of the Spiral all GENTLY float next to teach other where they are almost touching. Then, I would use gorilla glue (or something like that...) and just glue all the worlds back together until I have one large, floating, misshapen landmass. Everyone would still be alive, and the Spiral's doom would never have happened (since there would be no more Spiral in this situation)
" Grandmother Raven even admits that the Spiral is doomed, so obviously something must be done to stop it from being destroyed... like remaking the Firstworld :D

maybe she means "The Spiral its self is doomed" which is just a bunch of broken worlds in the sense that the spiral will end and be reformed >.> one thing KI is good with is word play. Just because what is broken is doomed does not mean it will just end could mean she means to repair it and what we know of it is doomed. In mirage she mentions she has "set time right for now" During the timeless tower dungeon. So clearly she has the ability to Alter time meaning she could if she wanted to revert time back to a stage before the spiral was destroyed.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
RedDragon877 on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
" Grandmother Raven even admits that the Spiral is doomed, so obviously something must be done to stop it from being destroyed... like remaking the Firstworld :D

maybe she means "The Spiral its self is doomed" which is just a bunch of broken worlds in the sense that the spiral will end and be reformed >.> one thing KI is good with is word play. Just because what is broken is doomed does not mean it will just end could mean she means to repair it and what we know of it is doomed. In mirage she mentions she has "set time right for now" During the timeless tower dungeon. So clearly she has the ability to Alter time meaning she could if she wanted to revert time back to a stage before the spiral was destroyed.
I'm not so sure. She was only able to stop time from being reversed, and this was only for a limited amount of time, showing she isn't able to manipulate it freely.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2013
Well, the game needed some old history, and they thought about something unique.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2015
I do hope Kingsisle does consider making a BOXES quest in the future in Mirage or the next world [probably Empyrea] about the Firstworld & so we do get to learn a little bit more about it.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
To some this interpretation may seem very literal but the more you think about it the more it makes sense. Every world in the Spiral is a reflection of a place or culture that exists or existed on Earth e.i. Marleybone=Victorian London, Krokotopia=Ancient Egypt, Aquila= Greece, etc...

The creators of the game had a "Story Time" discussion on Wizard101 Central during which they answered player's questions about the story so far.

Someone asked "Do our wizard come from Earth?" and KingsIsle answered, "It does seem as though Ambrose is referring to Earth in the tutorial, though perhaps the people of the Spiral know it by another name? I have no idea how we traveled to the Spiral from here. Is that where all this VR business is going?" It's a kind of funny answer with many interpretations, but it makes me wonder.

What if the First World was Earth? Or rather an alternate Earth? What if humans didn't travel to the Spiral but rather, were already there (along with the other intelligent beings in some form of other e.i. aztecosaurs)?

Apply everything we know about the first world to an alternate magical Earth. The dragons, tritons, and giants start to war amongst themselves splintering the Earth into countless fragments. The titans are then put into a deep sleep never rise again, but the damage is already done.

However, all is not lost. Traces of magic from the titan's war (or what have you) allowed for the fragments to still support life individually but not indefinitely. Each fragment being home to a certain species with humans scattered throughout.

In order to save what remains, Bartelby sings the Song of Creation combined with Raven's spells and the broken pieces of Grandfather Spider's heart the Spiral is woven.

Over time different peoples and culture's emerge and develop at their own rates, some faster than others. World's rise and fall. Perhaps the destruction of the First World was recorded but any who remember are either long dead or the proof is long lost.