Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Gear vs. Shinobi Gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Which? Would the Level 100 Darkmoor Gear be better or the Shinobi Lv 120 Set? I want to know because I might buy it in April 2017 if its still online and not retired by then. Oh and BTW, Im a storm wizard (Just in case for further results)

Valdus SpellCaster Level 97

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
nirvair150 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
Which? Would the Level 100 Darkmoor Gear be better or the Shinobi Lv 120 Set? I want to know because I might buy it in April 2017 if its still online and not retired by then. Oh and BTW, Im a storm wizard (Just in case for further results)

Valdus SpellCaster Level 97
Malistaire drops the best gear at the moment for Storm Wizards, and the Shinobi gear does not compare well to it. If you don't want to farm Darkmoor, just wait until the Fall Update to check out the Polaris and Mirage crafted gear. Maybe it'll be better than what Malistaire offers.

Lol April was 4 months ago

Bundle-a-Palooza is coming up, so maybe there's a chance it'll be a part of the sale then?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
You want the darkmoor gear! Most bundle gear is very unbalanced stats wise and used for stitching more than anything else.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Is the wand useful? Or should I get something else?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
nirvair150 on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
Is the wand useful? Or should I get something else?
No, you should get something else. I also see you are level 97, so when you get to 100, I suggest you farm Malistaire in Castle Darkmoor for his staff.

If you don't want to farm but instead have Crowns to spare, you can open Terror Hoard Packs to try to get the elemental wand. I find it quite good.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Yes I have Terror's Hoard Pack gifted from my second acc so I can open them when I am Level 110.

Valdus SpellCaster Level 101 14 1