Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is ice a good secondary school for a death person

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2016
Hi, i am currently death and i chose my secondary school ice... i was thinking of choosing life or storm but do you think ice is a good secondary school?

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Yes it's a good secondary. But only train it up to tower shield and save the rest of your training points for the sun and star school spells you'll get in Celestia.

Death wizards don't really need the life school because we have drain spells and sacrifice to keep us from dying. And storm seems like a good secondary at first, but once you get your buffs and gear that increases your death damage, you'll start to rely on your death spells more and you would have wasted 7 points to get Stormzilla .

Also be sure to train spirit blade from Niles the Balance tree and reshuffle from Mildred Farseer!

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 33+

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Only train Ice up to Tower Shield and no further, everything else isn't going to be very helpful. Don't train Storm at all, it's honestly not worth going for it, it really won't serve much use. Death already heals themselves quite well, so if you're going to train life, go as far as Sprite and no more. Definitely train Spirit Blade from Niles the Balance Tree in Krokotopia, and Spirit Trap if you want. Weakness is another decent option, as well as Reshuffle.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2014
First, play what you love
Other than that, I went with as my second school. It gives me some interesting combos and allows me to use all my balance blades, etc.

It may also depend on your wands that you like. Look at the combos of armor and wands to see if you can maximize your wishes as you level.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Paul Ghosthaven on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
Hi, i am currently death and i chose my secondary school ice... i was thinking of choosing life or storm but do you think ice is a good secondary school?
I think that any of those would be alright secondaries for Death. Remember you can kind of pick and choose. I would say that getting Ice to Tower would probably be your best bet.

I personally on my death wizard had the following: Life to Satyr (though I think you could just do Sprite and be fine, because I rarely ever use the satyr)

Ice to Tower (That is good for almost every school)

I considered doing storm, but that is because I got Catalan from pack and happened to also have a Storm Mastery amulet. I however did not end up going the Storm route. Though I think at lower levels that it would also be fine.

Bottom line is it's really up to you, I think that if you do end up training storm at some point you'll want to do a training point buy back, but it's really up to you! Good luck

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
"Secondary schools" are a mistake, if you mean training the whole school or trying to use off-school damage. At higher levels power pips and damage boosts become inefficient outside your main school.

Storm spells are not useful at all off-school, so I would not recommend that.

Many players train Ice school up to Tower shield for PvP. That's very useful in the arena, but not needed for questing. Some players train Life up to Sprite or even Satyr, but Death has a native healing spell, and gets health back from drains, so probably unneeded.

Reshuffle and Weakness are also good for PvP but available as treasure cards, which is probably enough for PvE use.

My death trained the spirit blades and traps, and later all the sun damage boosts. That's all you really need through the first half of the game. If you play support roles with other schools you might want to train elemental blade too. Later you'll want auras, sharpen blade, potent trap and maybe a healing boost.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2017
I think it is. I have a Level 20 Death Wizard, and I chose ice up to tower shield. After that, i would do life or balance.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
thatgrumpypanda on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
Yes it's a good secondary. But only train it up to tower shield and save the rest of your training points for the sun and star school spells you'll get in Celestia.

Death wizards don't really need the life school because we have drain spells and sacrifice to keep us from dying. And storm seems like a good secondary at first, but once you get your buffs and gear that increases your death damage, you'll start to rely on your death spells more and you would have wasted 7 points to get Stormzilla .

Also be sure to train spirit blade from Niles the Balance tree and reshuffle from Mildred Farseer!

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 33+
This is right on the money. My death wizard has tons of unspent points because she just doesn't need much, so even if you spend a point here and there on something that ends up useless later on, it won't make a big deal. If you are struggling on staying alive before you can learn Scarecrow, pick it up as a treasure card in the Bazaar. Once you get that there really isn't much need for spells that are not your own or from the celestial schools.