Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire or ice?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2016
So I'm about to max my balance and I can't decide what school I am going to make next. I've decided that it will either be fire or ice. Can you help me decide? Also I am only interested in pve.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Ice plays a long game.

Their spells have relatively low base damage. Though it is one of the strongest blades (40%), they are the last to get their class blade (level 38!) and never get any heals. By mid game, Ice will struggle the most with accuracy, because they don't get buffs the way Storm, Myth and Fire do. To make up for that, however, they have the highest health and universal resist, plus lots of shielding options.

They do struggle in the beginning, but ... Ice is extremely powerful once they come into their own around level 50 or so. They have consistently been dominant in PVP and have no trouble soloing in PVE.

Fire plays a fast game.

Their spells are relatively high base damage. Their blades come early and are middle-strength, but where they really get going is with their traps! In addition to their regular trap they also have Fuel, which adds 3 traps at a time, and Backdraft, which is an X-pip trap that can rival Feint in terms of power. The price Fire pays for all this damage potential is lower health and accuracy in the early game, although they end up about equal with Myth and Death in both once reaching level 55. Fire has a single healing spell called Power Link that can provide a little bit of support while sapping strength and removing shields from an enemy.

Fire starts to dominate towards the end game (after level 100 or so). They can do well in soloing and also can be heavy hitters in team play. Fire is not quite as fragile as Storm, but often they do need support when taking fire themselves.

Hopefully that overview will give you some insights into both schools. Ice requires patience and Fire demands bravery.

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud, 120
Fiona Frostweaver, 72

Survivor
Jan 22, 2016
Defender
Jul 27, 2010
It's up to personal preference dude, we can't decide which one you'll like playing more. Ice has the most defense and health with low attack, Fire has DoT and the second strongest attacks with lower accuracy and health, that's all there is to it. Just choose whatever style you like more.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2017
It depends on if you want to solo or if you want to do it teaming up with someone. Ice has terrible damage, so I'd say fire would be the best choice if you wanted to solo. However, if you want to stay more on the support side, go for ice!