Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

20,000 health boss, easy to solo!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I know I'm not the only one trying to solo Azteca, and I'm not the only one struggling, but I have some tips for Storm school to help beat some bosses.

1. Wear your WW gear. Don't have it? Go for crafted gear or bazaar gear.

2. Put in steal wards and shatters for shielding bosses.

3. Going up against an elemental boss? Here's a cheap strategy. Wear all the elemental resist armor you have. Critical doesn't matter, neither damage too much. Gear I use:
Elite Jura Guard helm (bazaar) Storm Crown tunic (drop / no auction) Storm Owl's Favored trackers (bazaar)
Overall, I get 85% resist, 73 , and 61 . I like to use the largest deck I have. I max out reshuffles, wild bolts, pixies, tower shields, gargantuans, vengeance, and darkwinds. I also put in a few blades. In the side deck I put in a self enchanted insane bolt and a few steal wards. I like to vengeance and insane bolt the minion. If you die, you can always retry. Make sure you have a vengeance up if you're healing or attacking. Enchanting your cards help A LOT. You want to predict the enemies moves by staying on the defensive and attack when you feel confident.

4. MAKE SURE YOU GO FIRST!! Not first? Quit to character selection then join again. Keep trying. Last boss of a dungeon? Make somebody go in. If they don't go first they flee and port back and you retry.

Lucas ShadowHaven, level 86 in Azteca.

Explorer
May 03, 2016
You just suggested a cowardly way to play. To run and flee until you go first... is literally saying you don't stand a chance unless you go first which is not try against mobs. I agree that for bosses if has a team you agree that storm is hitting then yes they go last not flee and port back. Storm has bad health and defense and i get that but please don't go suggesting running and fleeing as a strategy

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I will suggest running and fleeing as a strategy. Some people struggle and can't seem to win some fights. Battling Jackie, in Avalon, Outer Yard, I lost to her several times. She would always crit on me and block my attacks. Why take the risk of the earthquake, enfeeble, -90% efreet, shield, or stun right before your turn when you don't have to. I've now found a new strategy. I treat those 20k health bosses as a regular player in pvp, except I use the glass cannon strategy. I see if I get lucky with a bolt or 2 on the minion. Then I spam shields, use an enchanted triton, spam a couple of bolts. Put up more shields, maybe go for a storm lord stun, kraken, shields. Same way I pvp :/

You're Ice. you can survive over triple the hits a storm can, so please, stop calling my gameplay cowardly..

>

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Celescale on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
You just suggested a cowardly way to play. To run and flee until you go first... is literally saying you don't stand a chance unless you go first which is not try against mobs. I agree that for bosses if has a team you agree that storm is hitting then yes they go last not flee and port back. Storm has bad health and defense and i get that but please don't go suggesting running and fleeing as a strategy
He is soloing if you missed that point, there is no reason why you should not flee and recall until you are first, after all it gives you an advantage. There is nothing worse than hitting from second and a creature decides to efreet that round.

I will go on to say that if you are in a Team scenario and something goes wrong with your strategy, it is better to flee and recall then spend 10 extra rounds defeating anything.

It has 0 to do with cowardice and everything to do with efficiency!

Explorer
May 03, 2016
i just asked my storm friend and he wouldn't do that and before you say anything storm was his first wizard only for boss battles which is understandable.

Defender
May 11, 2013
had they used dispels Efreet would be block as would earthquake, or maybe if they knew how to play the game instead of Running and hiding until they are first. then claiming "its soo easy" Anything is Easy from first. Try doing it from second and come back and say how easy it is instead of telling people run away until you are first. Use Shields, Dispels and blades traps and hit. An Easy match won by running until your first is not really a battle won at all.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
RedDragon877 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
had they used dispels Efreet would be block as would earthquake, or maybe if they knew how to play the game instead of Running and hiding until they are first. then claiming "its soo easy" Anything is Easy from first. Try doing it from second and come back and say how easy it is instead of telling people run away until you are first. Use Shields, Dispels and blades traps and hit. An Easy match won by running until your first is not really a battle won at all.
LOL, by the time you use 2 off school dispels you could be done with the battle, to each their own! Not to mention they would probably go off on spells other than efreet and earth

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Hey, if you are doing a solo, you do whatever to get thru...."Cowardly"...really?....I solo and use henchmen when I need help....its not how fast you win the conflict...the idea is not to lose......and yes, if you can go first...it makes a difference...

Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
Im storm in azteca and when I have to solo bosses its just easy. Bring at least two of each blade and have at least 2 feints in your deck. I usually have 2 hits in my deck (storm lord and leviathan) and a bunch of shields and as many healing currents as possible. I get at least 2 blades (feint the boss if possible) and storm lord to get the minion. Just blade, healing current and shield and the fight will become really easy

Survivor
Feb 19, 2015
RedDragon877 on Aug 22, 2017 wrote:
Wait what? Why do I need to prove I can solo a boss with 7 times more health than me to you? This game isn't about "Hey Dude, I beat this boss from second, I must be some god." More like a lot of going second is conplete RNG. Critical, CBS, are all random on the bosses I have faced bosses who efreet Crit me first turn, I fled and came back to the boss blading then I shielded up and one shot him. No reason to prove you can outplay an artificial intelligence. It makes it quicker, safer, and more fun without rage from efreet hits from my triple blade feint trap hit that just because useless because my ego can't stand to flee an artificial intelligence battle. I mean dude, obviously it's possible for me to win from second, but why waste time and risk the battle? There is no pride in gloating about "Oh, I beat this 20k health boss from second woohoo!"