Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Removing Shadow Pips?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
What is your opinion on removing shadow spells from pvp? A big portion of the community is awaiting the day shadow spells are out of the scene. Look. Shrike was alright. It allowed players to deal with jade users easier. Most of the schools were balanced at max cap 95. After that the shadow attack spells destroyed the community. People don't like you can use 5 or 4 pips and do so much damage.. sometimes there is no way to react to it. It's called RNG. The game use to exist with not much. Please bring us back to the old days when it took skill. I advise you to just listen to the following details I have explained in this message and take them as you wish. Thank you for your time , Derek. (This is a message to KI however please put your comments down below)

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
AngelAngleWeave on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
What is your opinion on removing shadow spells from pvp? A big portion of the community is awaiting the day shadow spells are out of the scene. Look. Shrike was alright. It allowed players to deal with jade users easier. Most of the schools were balanced at max cap 95. After that the shadow attack spells destroyed the community. People don't like you can use 5 or 4 pips and do so much damage.. sometimes there is no way to react to it. It's called RNG. The game use to exist with not much. Please bring us back to the old days when it took skill. I advise you to just listen to the following details I have explained in this message and take them as you wish. Thank you for your time , Derek. (This is a message to KI however please put your comments down below)
I don't have a problem with most shadow spells. I do, however, hate the 4 pip shadow spells in PvP. The 5 pip shadow spells are easier to predict. The 4 pip ones are a mess though. It's aggravating how much damage max wizards can deal with just 4 pips and a shadow pip. I could continue to with this thread, but if I learned anything from the Message Boards and KI, is that they won't do anything about this. And if they do decide to do something, we'll be waiting YEARS—not exaggerating—to see a change.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
In regular pvp, shadow pips aren't going anywhere. Although there is the option of creating a new type of pvp that doesn't allow shadow pips kind of like how turn based pvp was created. Maybe you can propose an idea of a new kind of pvp to the message boards
Happy wizarding!

~Natalie lvl 86
~Natalie lvl 40

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Yeah pvp was fine imo till the 4 pip shadow spells were introduced like jeez. I hope they don't make like 2 pip shadow hits I'd be so annoyed

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
I agree with these comments however I believe that shadow spells just destroy all pvp. You can mindlessly get a shadow pip first round and do about 3.2k damage with decent stats... Also since there matchmaking system is messed up high levels are able to practically one shot there opponent from first. Shadow spells make this game completely RNG based.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Being able to take out half, or in the case of Storm (getting hit, not hitting), more than half of someone's health with 2 power pips and a shadow it pretty broken imo.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2015
miranda deathgem on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
Yeah pvp was fine imo till the 4 pip shadow spells were introduced like jeez. I hope they don't make like 2 pip shadow hits I'd be so annoyed
Nope. PvP was fine about 5 years ago when level 70 was the max level. No school had a advantage over the other.