Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Buff

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Pouffy23 on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Lol for a second there, I thought you said "Convince KingsIsle and maybe you can get somewhere". I have never heard of a bigger joke!

On top of this, You also stated "Lulu was a desperately needed upgrade to Scarecrow" but you kinda forgot about what this thread was about darling. This thread is also about the Forest lord needing an upgrade just like scarecrow. Death gets lower attacks because they get a heal back, we do not. Also, you said adding +100... No honey, we like to add better enchants rather than the first sun school card that you get. No thanks to that. We prefer epic. Now.. As I was saying, 90% of the time, we will use an enchant with our spells, thus making lulu around 1000 damage to ALL ENEMIES... What does the forest lord get?? A whopping 800 and nothing else in return. No healback? No promlem! The Lulu is MAJOR overpowered and NOT much deserved

I forgot about the deerknight :D Just another example to provide to my point that life is on the bottom of the pecking order.

If you think the game is balanced, I suggest you get a good grip on how every school works. At least death can heal, and attack in one spell while we have to do both with half the damage! Isn't that great!! *Sarcasm*

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not convinced. They have changed old spells before MANY times, thus meaning they can do it again. Buff Wings like every life wizard has been asking, or keep getting complaints. Deal? Deal..
That was a completely uncalled for, condescending post you made there.

"Darling?" and "Honey?"

Really.

I do have a good grip on how all the schools work because I have at least one wizard in every school, all of them advanced to mid and late game. How about you, how many schools have you played to end game? From your consistently inaccurate statements about what other schools do, I'm guessing you've only ever played Life.

Yes, we can convince KingsIsle to do things. They were "convinced" to nerf Rasputin and Mirage mobs because of reasoned arguments these boards. They were "convinced" to release crafted gear with the next update because of reasoned arguments and discussion on these boards. They are paying attention to this thread, I'd be willing to bet, which is why I asked us to steer it in the direction of proposing that the next spell for Life school should be an upgraded AoE.

If you had read my entire second post, you might have noted what I said at the end.

"...in having this discussion with you I am coming around to your point of view in the sense that Life may be due for an upgraded AoE. But, this is because I looked at the level 108 spells for all schools in addition to 88 and 100. In view of all the four most recent spells earned by all the schools, the FACTS are showing me that Life might need a stronger AoE to take down more powerful enemies as they head into the next world release."

So you just insulted someone who had become your ally. Nice going.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
Lol for a second there, I thought you said "Convince KingsIsle and maybe you can get somewhere". I have never heard of a bigger joke!

On top of this, You also stated "Lulu was a desperately needed upgrade to Scarecrow" but you kinda forgot about what this thread was about darling. This thread is also about the Forest lord needing an upgrade just like scarecrow. Death gets lower attacks because they get a heal back, we do not. Also, you said adding +100... No honey, we like to add better enchants rather than the first sun school card that you get. No thanks to that. We prefer epic. Now.. As I was saying, 90% of the time, we will use an enchant with our spells, thus making lulu around 1000 damage to ALL ENEMIES... What does the forest lord get?? A whopping 800 and nothing else in return. No healback? No promlem! The Lulu is MAJOR overpowered and NOT much deserved

I forgot about the deerknight :D Just another example to provide to my point that life is on the bottom of the pecking order.

If you think the game is balanced, I suggest you get a good grip on how every school works. At least death can heal, and attack in one spell while we have to do both with half the damage! Isn't that great!! *Sarcasm*

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not convinced. They have changed old spells before MANY times, thus meaning they can do it again. Buff Wings like every life wizard has been asking, or keep getting complaints. Deal? Deal..
Kingsisle DOES listen to people, just not in the way you think. They would rather give new spells instead of changing current spells. Mystic Colossus and Lulu were responses to people who wanted buffs to scarecrow and earthquake.

"They have changed old spells before MANY times..."

The only instance I can think of them changing spells is when they adjusted spell damage/after effects in the transition to test realm to live realm. Winged Sorrow used to beguile enemies instead of giving a plague, and Rulsaka's wrath used to give a -50% weakness instead of a -30% weakness. But again the changes were made after test realm closed and before they went live.

Seriously, name one spell that got changed while it was in live realm for a few years (animations don't count).

Also, if you think Lulu is overpowered now, wait until you find out that its old base damage was over 1000 (which also got changed shortly after it was released due to backlash. It honestly sounds like you're bitter that the death school has an AOE drain spell even though that's what death wizards had asked for).

Wings of Fate is not going to get a buff any time soon, so you and other life wizards are better off asking for an entirely new Life AOE.

Amber Dreamflower 120
Amber Frostflower 38+
Mindy Rainflower 2+

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014

this is going to be off topic but I feel I must say this: I've read some of your threads about "Wings of Fate" and buffing life. I noticed you are getting pounded for being honest, thoughtful and caring (by others's problems) about those who play a life wizard and the play style they choose. I say let them run their mouth. Some people think they know best with the best strategy and have the answer to every problem for every individual. Some people feel they need to blow off steam and take it out on posts that didn't suit them. I'm sure KI read your posts and read mine. That's all what matters the most. I feel not responding to ranting posts is saying: I don't want to hear it. That way it saves headaches. yet that's up to you want to do

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
chocoluver18 on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
"'Convince KingsIsle and maybe you can get somewhere.' I have never heard of a bigger joke!" But you're trying to convince KingsIsle, aren't you? Why are you even posting this if you're saying that KingsIsle doesn't listen?

Yes, a new or buffed AoE spell for life would be cool, but you keep saying it like Life is the worst school in the game without one. Your original post says Life can't solo and you keep pushing that point, when there are lots of people and evidence saying otherwise. Life can do a lot of damage, one person even said that it does as much as their Storm!

Also, have you ever played as a Death wizard before? Yes, we can hit and heal at the same time, but at the cost of our spells doing a lot less damage. On my 76 Death, it takes a Death Blade, a Spirit Blade, a Death Blade from an Amulet, an Amplify, and a Gargantuan boosted Scarecrow with 70% Death boosting gear to deal about... 2500 damage. That's about as much health the enemies in Avalon have. Boss fights usually last a long time because of huge stacking up needed.

Take Scarecrow and Forest Lord. Scarecrow with Gargantuan makes it 550 damage, while Forest Lord does 765-845 damage with Gargantuan. Yep, certainly "half the damage" all right.

That's about as much as a base lulu by itself, to all enemies, for less pips. If you're still convinced that Death gets "special treatment," then why has it consistently been one of the or the worst school in PvP, while Life has usually done fairly well in it?

I have a life friend about the same level and has about the same gear with me, and with two blades and Forest Lord with a critical, she deals about 6000 damage on a constant basis. She hits much harder and faster than I ever could.

Again, having a buffed or new AoE spell for life would be great, but don't make it out like Life is "under valued" or "can't solo" when they can still do just fine.
You highly under valued it. I have a Max ice, death, and life and I know for a fact that death does just about (Just SLIGHTLY under) and you can't say that a forest lord with less blades does almost triple the damage. Not going to buy it. Sorry bud, but you do not have me fooled. I know how death works just as much as life does, and I know that it is much easier.