Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

asking for help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2017
I have to defeat Chester droors and Ivar Anderson and I'm sure alot of others coming up. I am an older player, life wizard level 34. I always feel odd asking others to befriend me. I am asking how to find a group of people to play with that have the same needs. Any advice would be great. Thanks,

Calamity Jade

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
A good idea would be to visit Wizard101 central and ask for help there!

Here's some advice on Chester Droors. Basically, he heals if there isn't a trap on him. So, I would recommend putting a bunch of traps and life prisms in your deck, since you're a life wizard, and put a trap on him as fast as possible. You should have Centaur by now. Put a bunch of blades on yourself and try to kill him in one hit if possible. If you want to, you can go buy a Forest Lord treasure card.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2014
hi, im amy skullspear lvl 87 school of and i think i have some advice.

well, the best place to find people if you need help, if you wanna do a dungeon with them, if you just need new friends or basically almost anything is the commons . its usually pretty easy to find poeple in the commons and usually stay in groups of at least 4 and hang out so you prob will find even more than one person.
can't find any
try checking in a realm thats more full
don't know ho to approach them or start a conversation with them to get them to help you
try saying hi then asking them how are they then try ask for some help or whatever you needed

i hope this helps

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, I remember Chester Droors, I absolutely hated doing that boss fight, it was always really annoying for me. He has two minions that constantly attack, with all three of them having high health, and with Chester healing every five seconds. Like Puppylove said, use as many prisms as you can on him and use traps on him as much as possible (Life Trap can be trained by Mildred Farseer on Colossus Boulevard, if you don't have it). Stack up with blades, then hit. You can also train life shield from Sabreena Greenstar in the Fairgrounds to give you some extra defense. As for Ivar, he's just a regular boss, stack up then hit, not much else to say. Take out his minions first, that'll help greatly, as is the case with most boss fights. Hope this helps!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Chester sounds scarier than he actually is. Once you know what to do, you may be able to solo him just fine.

Get a prism* on him ASAP when the battle starts and then spend the rest of your time ignoring him. I'm serious. He's healing himself over and over? Who cares!

Your job is to take out those evil minions, first. Don't try to nickel and dime them, set up single hits with prisms, blades, and traps, and then use Seraph or higher to take them out.

Take one down, ASAP.

Check if you need to heal yourself.

Take down the next minion.

Check if you need to heal yourself.

Chester is still over there spamming the heals. Again, so what?

You've got the prism on him already so blade up and trap him. Use Spirit Blade & Spirit Trap along with your Life blade and trap. The traps stop him from healing. Set up a powerful hit and kill him with one blow. All the healing in the world doesn't help when he's dead.

Alia Misthaven

*The reason you prism him first is to sneak by any death shields he may put up later. Having a death-hitting wand will help you if he does get a death shield on before you can prism him.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
PS: For finding friends, I recommend running through crowded and full realms as much as you can.

Also, do the daily assignments as much as you can - they'll put you into the same areas as other wizards who may be at your questing level.

Strike up a conversation with people you meet, offer them a place in your battle circle, ask if you can join their battles, etc. You'll meet a lot of great people that way.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
MzNoodle on Jul 28, 2017 wrote:
I have to defeat Chester droors and Ivar Anderson and I'm sure alot of others coming up. I am an older player, life wizard level 34. I always feel odd asking others to befriend me. I am asking how to find a group of people to play with that have the same needs. Any advice would be great. Thanks,

Calamity Jade
Everyone is giving good advice.

There is one more thing you can do to connect with older players. At the top of this page you will see an Icon that say "Fansites". If you click on that you will see several links. One of those is "Wizard101 Central. It is a free to join site and contains links to more forums and a lot of useful information that you can't get here. There is a group called "Wizened Wizards" on that site that is strictly Adults. If you need help with something, there are many there that will help you find or help you with quests.