Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

[NEW] Why am I not getting any drops? (First Post)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2016
Hello there, I've done darkmoor countless times, and am tired of getting the same old tier 2 stuff, and sometimes I'll get the boots, which I already have. I do 4-5 runs a day, and I started farming darkmoor about 5-6 days ago. Am tired of wasting my entire day farming and praying for a good drop. Many people said that using doom and gloom, and opening wooden chest lowers your drop rate,(which is not true). But, then I realized that sometimes I flee during malistares shadow form, is this the reason why I'm not getting the drops I want?

Jonathan 100
Justin 110
Kieran 110
Wolf 100

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
ThatStormWiZ550 on Jul 26, 2017 wrote:
Hello there, I've done darkmoor countless times, and am tired of getting the same old tier 2 stuff, and sometimes I'll get the boots, which I already have. I do 4-5 runs a day, and I started farming darkmoor about 5-6 days ago. Am tired of wasting my entire day farming and praying for a good drop. Many people said that using doom and gloom, and opening wooden chest lowers your drop rate,(which is not true). But, then I realized that sometimes I flee during malistares shadow form, is this the reason why I'm not getting the drops I want?

Jonathan 100
Justin 110
Kieran 110
Wolf 100
This post may interest you.

You may not have to farm Darkmoor much longer, as KI confirmed Polaris and Mirage crafted gear is coming in the Fall Update.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
There are 2 drops in this battle, 1 from the first malistare and 1 from the second, so if you are fleeing after he changes form you are missing out on 1 of the drops.

The rest is just luck really, if you are getting frustrated with this try limiting your runs to 2 or 3 at a time and take a break and do something else. When this dungeon first released someone estimated that the average is 30 runs for a full gear set, of course it could be many more or less, not sure if this has changed since I have been done with Darkmoor for a long time now, I had to get all my gear pre-nerf.

Be thankful that this dungeon is now much easier to complete

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
People come up with many theories they say effects the drops you get. Some say its because of fleeing and others say its because of how fast you defeat the enemy. Personally I don't believe in any theory of other people and I believe its all about luck. I haven't been to darkmoor but I'm assuming all places are the same with drops. For example if you go to farm waterworks (since I've done that a lot) theres some people that get their entire set of waterworks gear first try and theres other people, like myself, that always seem to get terrible drops even though they don't flee. So I do believe it is just about luck.
Sorry for rambling!

~Natalie lvl 84
~Natalie lvl 36

Explorer
Apr 17, 2012
I agree with you Jasmine3429 Darkmoor was just a pain pre nerfed that even now I pause before excepting a request for help in that place!

I as for the drop rate. I can tell you this. I have 2 accounts with a total of 12 wizards which I sent all through pre nerfed and only one of my storms was lucky enough to get the entire gear in 3 runs.

The worse was one of my death wizards which took farming every day over several weeks before he got it all. Ugh. I still shudder thinking about that place.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
It is basically about luck and loot tables, some say there are certain things that affect the drops that people get such as the amount of damage or where you are in the battle such as 1st, 2nd place in the duel circle ect... however it is basically down to RNG and some people get very lucky and get gear within the first couple of runs and some people go months without getting a single piece of gear that they need. Now, when it comes to Darkmoor like BrahmShadow said they are bringing Polaris and Mirage gear to be crafted and so this might include Darkmoor however that would be down to how Kingsisle want to make it due to the importance Darkmoor gear plays in Polaris due to how good it is (Basically the equivalent of the Waterworks of level 100 players) and we all know how low that drop was and that was the most used gear for so many levels!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Wizard Bae on Jul 26, 2017 wrote:
People come up with many theories they say effects the drops you get. Some say its because of fleeing and others say its because of how fast you defeat the enemy. Personally I don't believe in any theory of other people and I believe its all about luck. I haven't been to darkmoor but I'm assuming all places are the same with drops. For example if you go to farm waterworks (since I've done that a lot) theres some people that get their entire set of waterworks gear first try and theres other people, like myself, that always seem to get terrible drops even though they don't flee. So I do believe it is just about luck.
Sorry for rambling!

~Natalie lvl 84
~Natalie lvl 36
I can confirm that fleeing to heal after a main boss is defeated will upset drops and quest completion. It has happened to me when fleeing to heal after we defeated Baba Yaga, but her minions were still there.

All the other myths surrounding drops rates are false. Who hits, how much damage, how long the battle lasts, none of that affects drop chances. But being present for the whole battle does affect what credit you get.

And I'm soooo glad to hear there will finally be crafted gear! Yay!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Apr 08, 2016
[Update]

After 3 more runs, I've finally received my full set, and I got the athame too.
Thank you all for the responses!

[Reminder]
Believe in yourself.

Justin 110
Wolf 100
Jonathan 120
Kieran 110