Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Addition to Group Play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm sure in our times farming dungeons, it has happened that we get gear that we don't need but that others in the dungeon do and vice versa. As it stands, Wizard101's current loot system is what some call "personal loot," wherein each player in a dungeon gets their own drops from the various enemies. I suggest that Kingsisle could add the option of group loot into the game. It would work like this: for any players in an instance that are part of a group, there should be a button in the group page of our screen allowing for the option of group loot. All the members of the group would have to agree to the group loot option for it to take effect, so there would be some sort of confirmation page for all group members if anyone hits the group loot button. As for drops, instead of each player getting their own drops, all members' drops would pooled into a common "group loot chest" that would appear after each dungeon battle. Then, reminiscent of some other MMOs that have a Need before Greed system, each group member could then indicate whether he needed, "greeded" (wants it only to sell it at bazaar for gold) or did not want a piece of loot in the chest, effectively passing on it. For example, if you're a fire wizard doing Waterworks with three other non-fire wizards and it just so happens that the fire hat that you needed dropped in the group loot chest. You could hit need whereas all the other group members could hit greed or pass. Since you would be the only one who hit need, the fire hat would automatically go to you. If multiple hit need on a particular item, then the computer could randomly choose whom the item would go to. I feel the option of group loot for members in a group would resolve the issue of right gear going to wrong people and might even encourage more people to participate in team play. As well, the addition of group loot to groups would not be a radical overhaul of the Wizard101's loot system but an optional system for groups only.