Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Chest Drop?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
Hi there! This is my first thread on the website, so I may sometimes post in the wrong area.

Anyway,

Recently I came up with an idea that may change the game. While this isn't exactly a "Chest Drop", like a Treasure Card or Gold, it would be a nice addition to the game.

I'm talking about having a chance to receive Experience from a chest.

Now, I'm not talking about all the time, just like as a chance.

This would also scale with the level you currently are, not the world.
This is to avoid newer wizards teleporting to a higher-leveled wizard and farming chests to gain tons of experience.

The chance would also increase with a Silver Chest.
For a Wooden Chest, I think that a 20% chance to get experience is good.
For a Silver Chest, I suggest a 35% chance for experience. This would also increase the experience you gained from it.

Here's how I picture it would work:
For Wizards levels 1-5, you would gain about 10-20 experience from a wooden chest, and 15-25 from a Silver Chest. Remember, this only applies for Levels, not Worlds.
Levels 6-10 you get 30-50 from a Wooden Chest, and 40-60 from a Silver Chest
Levels 11-15 you get 60-75 from a Wooden Chest, and 70-85 from a Silver Chest, and etc.

Thanks for reading my essay fit for my Cyrus Drake, and tell me if you would like to see something changed to my idea.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
smokey123443 on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
Hi there! This is my first thread on the website, so I may sometimes post in the wrong area.

Anyway,

Recently I came up with an idea that may change the game. While this isn't exactly a "Chest Drop", like a Treasure Card or Gold, it would be a nice addition to the game.

I'm talking about having a chance to receive Experience from a chest.

Now, I'm not talking about all the time, just like as a chance.

This would also scale with the level you currently are, not the world.
This is to avoid newer wizards teleporting to a higher-leveled wizard and farming chests to gain tons of experience.

The chance would also increase with a Silver Chest.
For a Wooden Chest, I think that a 20% chance to get experience is good.
For a Silver Chest, I suggest a 35% chance for experience. This would also increase the experience you gained from it.

Here's how I picture it would work:
For Wizards levels 1-5, you would gain about 10-20 experience from a wooden chest, and 15-25 from a Silver Chest. Remember, this only applies for Levels, not Worlds.
Levels 6-10 you get 30-50 from a Wooden Chest, and 40-60 from a Silver Chest
Levels 11-15 you get 60-75 from a Wooden Chest, and 70-85 from a Silver Chest, and etc.

Thanks for reading my essay fit for my Cyrus Drake, and tell me if you would like to see something changed to my idea.
Not a bad idea, but I feel like it should stay the way it is, and force us wizards to be encouraged to quest. Maybe change the experience to a low amount of crowns like 25 crowns from wooden chests with a 10% chance and 50 crowns from a silver chest with a 10% chance.

-Daniel RavenSmith

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
I would say crowns from a chest is a bad idea. Pretty self-explanatory, but there's nothing wrong with experience. It's not like people are going to set aside quests just to get 20 experience from a wooden chest. Remember, it is a chance, not guaranteed.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
I think getting experience from chests would be a nice touch. The exact amount of experience and how it scales could be regulated of course, but in general it is a great idea. I also like the amount of thought that you put into it, especially with how it would scale with the level of a wizard and not change depending on a world.