Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Training

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2016
I have no idea what kind of conceptual designs are already out there, or other player suggestions. But, I have to say this: mounts are kind of . . . out dated now. As the level cap gets higher and higher, and new pieces to the game become apparent (shadow pips, pip conversion, critical, etc. etc.), we begin to run out of places for stats to go. The pet system is great, if a tad time consuming, for this. However, mounts are untapped.

All they give is a speed increase, and with the boost from 40% to 50%, it's mostly negligible with the new rolling out of mounts. Some mounts, like the Mammoth Mini give you 2% outgoing heal, or the Crystal Unicorn gives you 2% accuracy. But it would be phenomenal if we could actually train our mounts like we do our pets. They wouldn't be like pets in having active talents in the duel circle (since they aren't there), but they can still give stat boosts elsewhere.

I have over thirty mounts and I have over quadruple that in pets. I train my pets as I see fit, and I would also train my mounts to oblivion if only I had the chance.

Whether it be a training program or new mounts exposed to the spiral, I am more than excited to see what Kingsisle does with the mount system. So much untapped potential there!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
betwixted on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:
I have no idea what kind of conceptual designs are already out there, or other player suggestions. But, I have to say this: mounts are kind of . . . out dated now. As the level cap gets higher and higher, and new pieces to the game become apparent (shadow pips, pip conversion, critical, etc. etc.), we begin to run out of places for stats to go. The pet system is great, if a tad time consuming, for this. However, mounts are untapped.

All they give is a speed increase, and with the boost from 40% to 50%, it's mostly negligible with the new rolling out of mounts. Some mounts, like the Mammoth Mini give you 2% outgoing heal, or the Crystal Unicorn gives you 2% accuracy. But it would be phenomenal if we could actually train our mounts like we do our pets. They wouldn't be like pets in having active talents in the duel circle (since they aren't there), but they can still give stat boosts elsewhere.

I have over thirty mounts and I have over quadruple that in pets. I train my pets as I see fit, and I would also train my mounts to oblivion if only I had the chance.

Whether it be a training program or new mounts exposed to the spiral, I am more than excited to see what Kingsisle does with the mount system. So much untapped potential there!
I'm sorry, but we don't need yet another horrendously time consuming activity that will eventually become mandatory if you wan't to progress through the game even a little smoothly. Maybe giving mounts sockets would be a more modest approach to mounts giving stats.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
ooh - a place for all those 2% increase jewels to go (instead of feeding to pets)

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
betwixted on Jul 19, 2017 wrote:

Yeah, I once had an idea where we could breed mounts or something to change up the little stats they give and their appearance, but I don't think that would make much sense to breed a broomstick and a starfish for example. If they add mount stats, they must never be allowed in PvP. Pets themselves already ruined PvP, same with critical, treasure cards, and amulets. I think they would really have to limit the mounts' stats like so that they're not too overpowered. I personally don't think they should add multiple mount stats, but that's just my opinion. I really don't like the idea of having to worry about tons of stats, so it would be frustrating. If they integrated this in the game, they probably would only come out with it on new mounts anyways, and not the ones currently available, as there are TONS of mounts available. Also, I don't think mounts are out dated whatsoever, they have sped up my gameplay by 40% and my unicorn helps me to not fizzle, I think it's good where it is now.

-Daniel RavenSmith

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
what needs to happen, update all the crown mounts.... the lion, tiger, horse and all the generics, can stay bland.... but if you're paying 10$ for a mount, who does the same speed as every other mount, but appearance... you should get a stat added... if not make every bundle mount, give a stat....since you're paying 30-40$ for a mount, that's as good as a 50,000 gold broom........ a giant flying medieval dragon worth 10$, 10 real dollars, goes as fast, as a lvl 1 wizard on a 50,000 in game currency broom stick.......... only thing the dragon has as a bonus is 2 people can ride it as a LVL 1 RACES AGAINST YOU ON A BROOM! Argghhhhh!