Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

all the level 108 spells need damage inprovement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 16, 2014
Ok so, I just got my level 108 scorching scimitars spell yesterday and when I used it, I divided the damage to three enemies, the damage on the enemies was less than a meteor strike while a meteor will be able to damage four targets with the same amount of damage, also, meteor only takes four pips while scorching scimitars took four pips and a shadow, so I suggest that KI add more damage to the dividing spells.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
stay golden on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
Ok so, I just got my level 108 scorching scimitars spell yesterday and when I used it, I divided the damage to three enemies, the damage on the enemies was less than a meteor strike while a meteor will be able to damage four targets with the same amount of damage, also, meteor only takes four pips while scorching scimitars took four pips and a shadow, so I suggest that KI add more damage to the dividing spells.
...... way they work.... Example: 1200 damage = 1 target.... 600 damage = 2 targets.... 400 damage = 3 targets 300 damage = 4 targets the spell isnt meant for repeative 2, 3, 4 hits.... it's meant for a massively powered hit (1) for 4 pips... but if say you had feints on the boss and needed to kill the minions... you target the minions, forgetting the boss.... it's not supposed to be your go to aoe hit.... it's your go to one shot, but can be aoe....

Explorer
May 03, 2016
it wouldn't matter how much damage they give to these spells... if we split them up, their power will still be divided no matter how buffed they are. And those are the lvl 118 spells. The 108 fire spell is raging bull BTW.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
I agree, but then that generates the problem with using it on a single enemy, if they did that, then they'd have to cap off the damage that can be dealt to a single target to the damage it is now, all of course in an effort to keep things fair and balanced, even in PvE.

Defender
May 16, 2009
Fire's level 108 spell is Raging Bull, I think you meant level 118.

Also, Split spells become weaker the more you split the damage among more enemies. So if your goal is to hit 3 or more, use a spell that hits all rather than a split. As a spell that hits a single target or two, they can pack quite a punch for only 4 pips and a shadow. So, I would suggest to use them accordingly. Not everything needs to be a "Hit All One Hit KO" like most hit-all spells, and a damage increase would get you exactly that, which, in my opinion, simply makes the split mechanic redundant. So, I think the damage should stay where it is.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Scorching Scimitars is a level 118 spell, not 108.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
I agree, all except Balance and maybe Myth.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Oh whoops I think you meant 118 right?

And the reason it is so weak when divided is because of how cheap it is, and it is excellent for bosses though.

It's only 4 pips (plus one shadow) and I'm pretty sure everyone has an AOE stronger than the 118 one. I just think it's meant for bosses mostly.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
This is what we call a situational spell.
Sometimes you have 3 enemies your dueling, or you might have 2. Use meteor strike for four enemies, and use scimitars for 2 or 3.