Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispel update will ruin multuplayer PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
I understand why you would add the dispel blocks to 1v1 but why on earth would you add dispel blocks to 4v4 or 3v3 or even 2v2? I don't even understand how this makes any sense. I personally only do ranked if there is gear that I need for my character, otherwise most of the people in the community are doing practice 4v4. Cause that is the only way to get a 4v4 nowadays!!! How are we going to stop a death jade team from spamming virulent plague and heals if we cannot spam dispels? Just imagine a team with three level 80 death jades and one 80 storm. How can you stop them? Might as well remove dispels all together. Please fix this soon, you will lose a lot of active members if this doesn't get fixed.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
I don't agree with this.

In quick match tourneys, people used to get spammed with dispels and couldn't do anything for the whole match, so it was an instant loss.

I think this fix is fine.

Also, cleanses can help with your problem.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2014
jester094 on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
I don't agree with this.

In quick match tourneys, people used to get spammed with dispels and couldn't do anything for the whole match, so it was an instant loss.

I think this fix is fine.

Also, cleanses can help with your problem.
How are you supposed to use cleanse when you have a dispell on you...? Its understandable if your not a storm and you have the tc version but what if you are storm then your just stuck...

~Natalie lvl 74
~Natalie lvl 35

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If the only way you can win is to dispel spam that is pretty sad, it works both ways you know, dispel block was sorely needed, too bad it is still broken.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
If the only way you can win is to dispel spam that is pretty sad, it works both ways you know, dispel block was sorely needed, too bad it is still broken.
If the only way you can win is to temp spam or heal spam or debuff spam is that not just as sad? Tell me Jasmine how are you going to stop that from happening? There is a reason for dispels otherwise why add them to the game.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
what needs to happen, rank pvp, 60:00 timer, and make reshuffles No PVP completely stops Jade...Stall Strategy

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Duncan HawkWraith on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
If the only way you can win is to temp spam or heal spam or debuff spam is that not just as sad? Tell me Jasmine how are you going to stop that from happening? There is a reason for dispels otherwise why add them to the game.
They are in the game for pve or if you know some one will cast a game changing spell next turn. And I do not support any type of spamming either, but some people have legit strategies that are foiled thanks to some thoughtless spam (chuckles) tactic

Survivor
May 30, 2013
I did my first 2v2 pvp rank yesterday. The dispel shields do not work if you cloak the dispels. I was dispelled every round, and couldn't do anything expect tower myself. My opponent even had tc cloaked life dispels. I think that once the cloaked dispel is used, the dispel shields should appear.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2016
The dispell and shield update does not even work if you cloak the dispel.Kingsisle is just wasting its time on some lame update.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Duncan HawkWraith on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
Cool, let's bring back chain stunning too while we are at it!

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
The update is good you should just let it go.

they already change it and it going to stay that way I love the dispel shield i choose not to use dispel because that me.

you can still dispel spam you just need more dispel to get off the dispel shield which shouldn't be that hard for you if you spam dispel.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I did a couple of 2 v 2 matches yesterday and I have to say the dispel block was a great relief, especially going second both times.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
I personally think the dispel block was a great idea! People will complain that with cloak it won't trigger the dispel shield but you have to remember not many people carry cloaks anymore. With the previous update making it so enchanted spells don't come back, this is a great implantation. As a person who has been doing PVP for more than 8 years now this is one of the first updates that KI have actually tried looking into what could fix PVP. is PVP still broken? Yes, very much so, however, its heading towards the right direction!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
KI is aware of the cloak issue and I am confident they will be correcting it.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2012
Balli88 on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:
I did my first 2v2 pvp rank yesterday. The dispel shields do not work if you cloak the dispels. I was dispelled every round, and couldn't do anything expect tower myself. My opponent even had tc cloaked life dispels. I think that once the cloaked dispel is used, the dispel shields should appear.
cloaked with dispel against dispel shield is a "BUG" so, they fix it in the future wizard101 updated because make take intense code chances