Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafing spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2014
Hello, I have a quick question i have looked online how to buy crafting spells on wizard but no luck. Some people have to option of going to a places where the have a recipe shop and clicking to spell button but i dont. I was just wondering if someone can tell me where i can go to buy some or if there is a required level. Thanks!!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
There ARE options of buying the spells. If you click HERE, you can check out the list of spells, and individually check which packs you can buy them from.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
There is a spell recipe seller in Mooshu, deep inside the Shirataki Temple dungeon. He sells a few 4 & 5 pip spell recipes, plus a treasure card version of Krampus. He is Master Yan Kan Kook.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Master_Yan_Kan_Kook#axzz4m4MC2uMg

To craft the other spells, you must first complete the Zafarian crafting quest, and you can't do that until you open up Zafaria and help the crafting guide there set up his shop. So, at minimum, you must be level 55 or so. Beyond that, you must also get access to a fight in mid-Avalon and battle a boss. Only after you have defeated that boss will you see the man who sells spell recipes. (Fortunately, if you have a friend with access to that boss, he or she CAN let you port there - but you still must fight the boss.) He is Grady.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Grady#axzz4m4MC2uMg

All of the recipes are $60,000 each.

The recipes call for 25-50 sunstone, turquoise, amber, diamonds, fossils, or some other rare reagent. Some of them, like turquoise and amber, can only be gotten from high level bosses or growing specific plants in gardening.

They also demand 6-10 treasure card versions of the spell you want, and getting that many can be quite a challenge in itself.

All that said, I've crafted a couple of spells already and am 2 amber away from finishing Deer Knight on my Death wizard. I can't wait to use it in battle...

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud
Fallon Raven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Gingerlove196 on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
Hello, I have a quick question i have looked online how to buy crafting spells on wizard but no luck. Some people have to option of going to a places where the have a recipe shop and clicking to spell button but i dont. I was just wondering if someone can tell me where i can go to buy some or if there is a required level. Thanks!!
If you are asking about some of the "Permanent" spells that can be crafted, you must first complete all crafting quests including the one in Zafaria. That will make you a Legendary crafter which is required to be able to craft those spells. Be aware that you can port to another player to complete most of the crafting quests through Celestia, but you can't to do the one in Zafaria. In Zafaria, you have to do the first few quests to be able to access the NPC that gives the quest there.

Once you are a Legendary Crafter, you may be able to get a friend take you to Dun Scathe in the Wyrd in Avalon. You must defeat Indigo Giant in order to purchase the spell recipes from Grady who resides in that instance. There are also craftable spells available in Shiritaki Temple but the same requirement applies there as well. You must be a legendary crafter.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
First, you must be at an appropriate crafting level to be able to buy the recipes for spells (Legendary). Second, these spells are not going to be available to lower level wizards.

If doing a search on the internet, it is very easy to find out what and where the spells are. There is a plethora of information provided, especially from the official W101 fan sites.