Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good pre darkmoor gear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
diabolicalesper on Jul 10, 2017 wrote:
any good gear before you do darkmoor
Tartarus drops level 90 gear, and I totally recommend you farm that place a lot :P (Keep in mind I am heavily biased since I love this dungeon)

You could also craft Khrysalis gear which is located in Sardonyx.

Darkmoor gear may not be required anymore as Polaris and Mirage crafted gear is coming in the Fall Update.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
The crafted gear you can acquire in Khrysalis is very useful, however you'd need to meet the crafting level requirement first. If not that, there's Hades & Waterworks gear.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
basically, any of the elite dungeon drops are useful. Most people have used WW/Aquila gear prior to darkmoor coming out. Personally, Ive found combinations of Waterworks, Helephant Tower, Aquila, and crafted Wintertusk gear have done well for me. My pattern has been crafted WT gear at L56 (or is it 58?), WW/HT at L60, Aquila Ring/Athame at L90 (making sure to add the dual school specific blade gem to it) and switch from WT crafted helm to WW helm (since the gem blades and WT crafted hat blade dont stack together), then at L100, craft the DM spellbook, and add the shadowpip boosting gem to it. If you have multiple wizards, along with the daily rewards, getting the motes is a ton easier.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
Are we talking before level 100 or after? If you are above level one hundred and want to get some good gear to make Darkmoor easier, try the exalted duels. If you are trying for gear for when you are still below 100, Hades gear is good, as is the archmage duel gear, and the crafted gear from Khrysalis.

Good luck in Darkmoor!

Moira Stormheart