Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good gear for level 43 fire wizard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2017
Hi!

I'm looking for good gear, not to pvp but for questing and farming in general as its hard soloing.

Also, as a fire wizard, what's a good strategy for questing/farming? I don't have an exact strategy i use. I just go along with it, so i'll do anything really. Tips would also be helpful, and i'm trying to get to level 50 as quick as possible. And, lastly, are the mastery amulets worth it? I'm gonna get the highest in crowns soon, and i'm wondering if its worth it or not so i can buy it, and what kind i should get.

Thanks,

Julia Goldheart

Level 43

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
rosemerrie on Jul 9, 2017 wrote:
Hi!

I'm looking for good gear, not to pvp but for questing and farming in general as its hard soloing.

Also, as a fire wizard, what's a good strategy for questing/farming? I don't have an exact strategy i use. I just go along with it, so i'll do anything really. Tips would also be helpful, and i'm trying to get to level 50 as quick as possible. And, lastly, are the mastery amulets worth it? I'm gonna get the highest in crowns soon, and i'm wondering if its worth it or not so i can buy it, and what kind i should get.

Thanks,

Julia Goldheart

Level 43
I have a max fire wizard but I remember being that level very well. farm mount Olympus in Aquila for Zeus' gear and when you inevitably fight Ares he will automatically drop the sky iron hasta which is good but it has a fire wand hit and if you want use that to get rid of debuffs it will also use your blades. I suggest using "Zeus staff of wildfires" since it has an off school wand hit and gives damage and out going healing. the biggest drawback being it gives a regular pip and not a power pip and less damage but to me its a fair trade off for a good wand hit. it might be hard work to get but the gear is worth it because it gives good damage, in and out healing among other things. you should have elemental blade trained from Niles the balance tree in Krokotopia. since mount Olympus is way to hard to do solo you will need to use team up. if you have a storm on your team having many elemental blades in your deck will be useful to help them set up for a high damage attack. its also good to blade your self and use meteor or other high damage attacks to help out. at your level you should be able to train up to satyr in the life school. since fire wizards have naturally low health having satyr to heal you in an emergency would be good so get a life mastery amulet so you don't burn up to many pips when you heal. if there isn't a storm on your team you will have to take the main hitter role since fire has the second highest damage in the game. another good tip is to get a lot of "Monstrous" treasure cards from the bazaar. they increase your damage spells by 175 damage. be warned they can be hard to come by.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Most people agree that the very best gear is the Zeus gear, from the level 30 Mt. Olympus dungeon. Start there. People are still farming that dungeon, so you can use Team Up to find help getting through. The Sky Iron Hasta is a guaranteed wand drop that will boost your damage by 10%. The dungeon is definitely worth a run just for that alone.

After that, there are amulets, rings and athames available from the level 40 dungeon in Marleybone, Barkingham Palace. The gear in that dungeon is also pretty good, second only to the Zeus gear.

Another alternative, if you're willing to spend Crowns rather than time, is the wand from Immortal's Lore packs and the gear from the Professor's pack. The gear is very solid and the Professor's boots, especially, offer the most powerful damage available, for any level.

The next thing you want to do is look ahead.

Do you like difficult dungeons and repeating tough battles for the chance to get epic gear? Then you'll love Waterworks (level 60)! It provides THE best gear in the game until level 100. An alternative dungeon, no less difficult, is the House of Scales in Krokotopia that gives more damage-focused gear.

Would you rather work steadily and know that a guaranteed result is coming your way? Then you'll love crafting! Do all your crafting quests. Start gardening Pink Dandelions, Fickle Pickles, Frozen Fly Traps and Maelstrom Snap Dragons for the reagents and gold they provide. Quest through Grizzleheim and well into Wintertusk ... you will get access to crafting the second best gear in the game for level 56+. The Wintertusk crafted gear is almost as good as Waterworks gear.

Mastery amulets are NOT worth it. After level 50, you will not do enough off-school damage to justify the expense of the mastery amulet. The only exception might be Life (for healing).

Tips will have to go into another post, this one is too long already.

Alia Misthaven, 120
Rowan Ashcloud, 120

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
General tips for soloing.

1) Take out the weakest enemy first.

2) Carry a few Pixies and Sprites to aid in healing yourself. Use them before you're desperate - try not to let your health dip too low below the halfway mark. Only train and pack Satyr if you've got a mastery amulet, it'll use too many pips otherwise.

3) If you need to buy Life henchmen, stick with the dragon (level 50, 50 Crowns) or the gorilla (level 70, 100 Crowns). Anything higher than that is a waste of money.

4) In the lower level worlds (before Celestia), it's good to have shields and use them after the second round. In higher levels (Celestia and beyond), if you have shields you must use them in the first round. The enemies will have 6 or more pips, and they'll use them up right away to pummel you. Defend yourself!

5) Use gems and specially trained pets to boost your damage and defenses. Every little bit helps.

6) Use blades and traps to make your spells more powerful. Patience in setting up a single hit that kills instantly will save you a lot of frustration and wasted energy.

7) When you're going up against a Fire boss, be sure you have the Prisms! Place a prism first, ASAP, then place your fire trap. Add a couple of blades, then hit. Your Fire damage will convert to Ice against the boss and then be boosted because he's weak to Ice.

8) If that Fire boss throws up an Ice shield (sometimes they do), and if you can spare a few crowns, buy a very low level Ice henchman (like level 20-40) who can hit and take out the Ice shield. They're only 20-40 crowns, just pennies, but they can salvage a battle that was turning painful from too many shields.

9) Consider training Death school up to Feint. Use the Feint carefully, as it risks damaging you. For the price of a pip and putting a 30% 'curse' on yourself, you will pretty much double the damage you can do.

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
L40 and L45 Bazaar gear is excellent for your fire. Doing the L30 Aquila dungeon can get you L30 Senator gear, and that's pretty good overall. Other than that, there really aren't any other options for farming gear. I might suggest working on your crafting levels, as the L56 crafted Wintertusk gear is the best gear to get until you farm WaterWorks at L60 (btw: Wintertusk gear is sometimes better overall, except for resist).