Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite Professor?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2017
I don't know if this has already been done, but who is everyone's favorite professor? For me it's gotta be Cyrus Drake.
Look. I know that everyone else doesn't like him, but I do, okay? I mean, his sister-in-law died, his brother went insane, it's difficult for me not to feel bad for him!
That isn't the only reason though. He's taught me many things I'll need to know in the real world. He taught me that people will want me to fail. That people who want me to succeed will point out my every flaw to try to help me improve. That in desperate times, I may need to carry out the unthinkable.
Sure, he seems strict, but deep inside he really does care for his students. (And if he's the Cyrus I know and love, he's probably rolling his eyes right now as he reads this.) On the outside he's a stern professor who teaches very strictly, but on the inside he's just a lovable teddy bear who does care.
So, enough about my favorite professor, who's yours?

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
My favorite professor is also Cyrus Drake. I'm not sure why but I'm always drawn to the sarcastic seemingly cold characters . He is just hilarious for me and I love his personality. I agree with what you've said about him. And as you get to the higher levels, he gets a lot nicer . But it's not like I didn't already love him before. Other professors I really love are definitely Dworgyn and Balestrom.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2017
Katie MythCloud on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
I don't know if this has already been done, but who is everyone's favorite professor? For me it's gotta be Cyrus Drake.
Look. I know that everyone else doesn't like him, but I do, okay? I mean, his sister-in-law died, his brother went insane, it's difficult for me not to feel bad for him!
That isn't the only reason though. He's taught me many things I'll need to know in the real world. He taught me that people will want me to fail. That people who want me to succeed will point out my every flaw to try to help me improve. That in desperate times, I may need to carry out the unthinkable.
Sure, he seems strict, but deep inside he really does care for his students. (And if he's the Cyrus I know and love, he's probably rolling his eyes right now as he reads this.) On the outside he's a stern professor who teaches very strictly, but on the inside he's just a lovable teddy bear who does care.
So, enough about my favorite professor, who's yours?
ya know, I never really looked at it through that perspective before. I guess losing a sister in law and a brother would indeed make you a bit irritable. And those life lessons you talked about? Wow. I guess I never really thought about how great of a professor he actually is, because I couldn't get past his admittedly crude behavior. Kind of makes me want to start a myth, maybe give him a chance. I'd have to say though, my favorite professor is either Dworgyn or Wu (nothing to do with my Max life, I promise). Dworgyn because just everytime I talk to him, he brings a big smile to my face. Wu, because she is the literal symbol of peace and vitality in the spiral. She's "fighting the good fight, man." One step at a time.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I, too, like? enjoyed? ah, appreciated Cyrus Drake. & Dworgyn, & Wu. Actually I don't have a "favorite" professor, they're all good with interesting personalities, each reflecting their chosen field.
Good Luck with your studies, fellow students.
Now I'm asking the max level wizards - who's your favorite Arcanum Instructor?
Mine is Quisma. Not only because I'm a Necromancer, but because she's so elegant ( and I love cats! )
I also like Baba Yaga, she's crazy funny!

Survivor
Apr 02, 2017
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
I, too, like? enjoyed? ah, appreciated Cyrus Drake. & Dworgyn, & Wu. Actually I don't have a "favorite" professor, they're all good with interesting personalities, each reflecting their chosen field.
Good Luck with your studies, fellow students.
Now I'm asking the max level wizards - who's your favorite Arcanum Instructor?
Mine is Quisma. Not only because I'm a Necromancer, but because she's so elegant ( and I love cats! )
I also like Baba Yaga, she's crazy funny!
Zander or Baba Yaga, definitely. Baba's just so out there. And Zander is so peaceful, kind of reminds me of my hippie parents, :).

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Favorite professors....

Drake was my very first professor, back when I was new to the game. At first he was so harsh. Lord, he scared me! Obviously I had to stay sharp if I was going to have any hope of impressing Cyrus Drake, so I did my best and eventually won him over. He's the kind of teacher that you actually LEARN something from (whether you want to or not)!

Halstrom Balestrom is so enthusiastic - about everything! I can picture him literally jumping around the classroom as he excitedly rambles on about Storms and whatnot. He's the teacher you can't wait to see each day - you just know he's going to have the class cracking up in no time. (But look out for crazy experiments going awry.....)

In the Arcanum, my tip top favorite is Jackie Whisperwind. I've never met a more scatterbrained hare who literally talks like she walks - in rabbit trails! You will learn a lot of trivia if you just go with it and pay attention to every weird little wandering of her mind. Eventually she's going to remember what the point was and circle back around to it.

I'm also partial to Ione Virga, mainly because she gets so quietly startled every time she experiences an emotion. "I feel ... concerned." (It is 'concerned,' I'm fairly certain. I believe that's what they call this sensation, when you know that the fate of the spiral rests in the hands of a power-mad demigod and there's no one but a kid around to stop him.) That's exactly the thought process going on in her head when you inform her that Rasputin plans to rip the Spiral apart. The rest of us are running around, screaming in panic, but Ione thinks she may be merely 'concerned,' and isn't even too sure about that. Perhaps what she really feels, is annoyed. Perplexed? Bothered. Well, something like that anyway...

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Within Ravenwood, my favorite would definitely be Halston Balestrom. He seems like the kind of guy who go crazy at a party. I bet he's great at karaoke. Also, he has a great sense of style,and is really a positive person/frog.

Tarrak Hadfield is my fav from the Arcanum. His office is really cool and he seems like the strong silent type.

I also like Malistaire. I know he's evil and everything, but I bet he was a great guy before his wife died.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2013
never thought of that perspective with cyrus but yea he is great, makes you show that kind of people that you can achieve what you want and keep progressing even if someone does not believe you can. And yea when you get to high level he is quite nice. I believe every professor has its own style own personality and thats the best thing because that makes them so real and so unique. i like Dworgyn, Balestrom and Alhazred he talks and express like a wise man or well.... krok and in the arcanum would be Zander and Baba yaga.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
I love all of the professors, and I honestly don't think I can choose a favorite!

Survivor
May 28, 2017
Glad to hear that so many of you also like him. I honestly thought I was the only one.

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
First and foremost favorite professor is Cyrus Drake, I can't lie he's a very well written npc and he actually makes me laugh, and now being in the third story arc in the Arcanum I find myself missing him and his sarcasm. My second favorite professor has to be Dalia Falmea simply because she was my first professor seeing as fire was the first school I played as, and like I said before I find myself missing her when it comes to the third story arc.