Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disassembling Crafted Items

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 26, 2016
What if we had the ability to break down crafted items to their core reagents?

For example, the crimson book stand from the Master Artisan quest uses 12 Nightshade and 10 Blood Moss for just one. Say you're saving up your reagents for one of the lore spells or another crafted item. You can disassemble the book stand and get your reagents back.

It will only be limited to crafted items of course, and in order for it to be disassembled, you have to have a crafter badge HIGHER than the badge required to craft the item. So for example, to disassemble a Duskwind Tunic you have to be a master artisan or higher in order to do this. Gotta know how it works before you can break it down right ? (And this may be pushing it, but maybe an energy cost as well? Nothing crazy, maybe a fifth to a quarter of your current energy.)

So next time you get the death whirlwind from the very first rattlebones exalted duel you try and you already own one, after spending weeks fishing which you absolutely despise and getting the reagents yourself and using an ultra king parsley seed that you could have used to get the 12 amber that was needed for deer knight, you can just disassemble it and get an ultra seed and an extra mote of transport!

Any other ideas?

Amber Dreamflower Level 106
Amber Frostflower Level 2

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
thatgrumpypanda on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:

For example, the crimson book stand from the Master Artisan quest uses 12 Nightshade and 10 Blood Moss for just one. Say you're saving up your reagents for one of the lore spells or another crafted item. You can disassemble the book stand and get your reagents back.

It will only be limited to crafted items of course, and in order for it to be disassembled, you have to have a crafter badge HIGHER than the badge required to craft the item. So for example, to disassemble a Duskwind Tunic you have to be a master artisan or higher in order to do this. Gotta know how it works before you can break it down right ? (And this may be pushing it, but maybe an energy cost as well? Nothing crazy, maybe a fifth to a quarter of your current energy.)

So next time you get the death whirlwind from the very first rattlebones exalted duel you try and you already own one, after spending weeks fishing which you absolutely despise and getting the reagents yourself and using an ultra king parsley seed that you could have used to get the 12 amber that was needed for deer knight, you can just disassemble it and get an ultra seed and an extra mote of transport!

Any other ideas?

I've wanted a disassemble option to crafting for a while. However, getting the entire amount of what you've used doesn't seem right, because some of those reagents may become unusable due to the process of joining them together.
Oh, man, I feel for you about getting an object from a drop, just when you've already crafted it.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Interesting idea. I don't know if I'd have the heart to dismantle my own work, but if something dropped that I'd already crafted and I really needed the reagents....?

Yeah, interesting idea.

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
this type of thing has been asked for in the past, but we've never gotten any official word on it. it was also suggested again during the Feedback friday the other week.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
thatgrumpypanda on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:

Any other ideas?

*buys 99 crimson book stands*
*decrafts*
*sell reagents which would be more than i bought the book stands*
*cycle and repeat*

Defender
Dec 18, 2010
camahawk on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
*decrafts*
*cycle and repeat*
It would probably be a good idea to make a cool down on disassembling items. And you know, it's already very easy to get plenty of gold really quickly. Any time I have any extra energy, I could go right to zafaria and easily catch a bunch of pacumans/ms pacumans. Then, I could take a trip to lucky and come back with somewhere between 20,000 or 40,000 or even more, depending on how much luck or energy you have. Easy gold routes are everywhere.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
camahawk on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
*decrafts*
*cycle and repeat*
I'm sure KI could find a way to exclude purchased items from the bazaar.