Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Spell Ideas?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
I know I'm not the only one who thinks the ice school could use some changes in the spell department. We've had some lucky breaks with Weaver and Barrage, but I'm sorta on the fence about it because while Weaver is super powerful, his after effect is only a shield, and we all know what happens to shields soon enough in battle. They get pierced.

This thread is not so you can argue about why we should be grateful for the spells we already have, but so you can come up with something that can make the Ice school better as a whole. So you can solo more easily, and so your​ team can rely on you as well as any Storm because let's face it, everyone wants a Storm on their team, especially with that glowbug spell they are ever so fond of using. You don't know how many times people in my team abandoned a dungeon just because there was no 'hitter'. Any school can be hitters if only they were given the chance to prove it.

That being said, let's see those posts of creativity. Ideas can include damage ranges, positive and/or negative effects, animation, etc.

Brittany I. Lvl 120

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
WinterL40 on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
I know I'm not the only one who thinks the ice school could use some changes in the spell department. We've had some lucky breaks with Weaver and Barrage, but I'm sorta on the fence about it because while Weaver is super powerful, his after effect is only a shield, and we all know what happens to shields soon enough in battle. They get pierced.

This thread is not so you can argue about why we should be grateful for the spells we already have, but so you can come up with something that can make the Ice school better as a whole. So you can solo more easily, and so your​ team can rely on you as well as any Storm because let's face it, everyone wants a Storm on their team, especially with that glowbug spell they are ever so fond of using. You don't know how many times people in my team abandoned a dungeon just because there was no 'hitter'. Any school can be hitters if only they were given the chance to prove it.

That being said, let's see those posts of creativity. Ideas can include damage ranges, positive and/or negative effects, animation, etc.

Brittany I. Lvl 120
You know, Ice needs better TEAM defensive spells. All they really have is Legion Shield and Taunt (however no one uses taunt, because most people don't know how it works and those that do, don't know how what the threat of the entity is or think it's a waste of pips).

I propose the following:

Change or provide a tutorial so that Taunt is easier to use/understand (perhaps a meter to show threat level?)

- Tower Shield 90% 2 Pips (or maybe 0 pips +1 Shadow pip)
-Igloo A global spell effect that gives all friends +20% Crit Block, Stun Resistance, and Resistance
-Freeze 2 pips Stun All Enemies (like Fire and Myth's spell, idk why Ice doesn't have it?)
- Shadow Sentinel 2 Next generation of Shadow Sentinel
-Stun Blockade 0-1 pip Stun Shield to all Friends
-Gobbler Lunch 2 pip Heal 400
-Mending Ice Thread- Block Pierce Reduces Pierce block
-Health Boost- Gain an additional 35% Max Health for Battle 5 pips

Explorer
May 03, 2016

Brittany I. Lvl 120
I understand where your coming from, but you must understand that the Ice school is not meant for damage. We are meant for stun and shields. Like yes weaver does give a shields after it hits and there's pierce but that's more than the other schools can say. For example only the life, myth, and death shadow spells have no after effects only fire, ice and storm. We already have something that a lot of people value and that is Health and Defense. Yes fire and storm has the power but we have the defenses and people will play with you if your stats are good. Like when i did team up, people played with me because i was able to take a lot of hits and pack a punch in the process. If ice gets more damage spells, we would loose our unique quality and so would storm and fire.

Although I think Ice does need better spells to have. Barrage is another version of tempest making it one of the strongest spells we have. We could use a spell that embraces our unique feature. we could use a spell that cancels out all shields on a target or decreases accuracy and stuns a target.we could have a spell that is taught to use by Grandmother Raven and/or Bartleby. The Life school can already summon Bartleby but we would be able to summon Raven. we could have a spell that's called Absolute zero. What this would do is cancel all blades and wards and shields on all enemy targets ad take 100-250 damage per ward or blade. Then stun them for two turns along with a Dot ranging to the blades and wards. The animation for this spell would be a cold wind that attacks ad then leaves a little wind to do DOT,

Survivor
Jul 17, 2014
I wouldn't mind a yeti spell. One that looked awesome and wasn't very hard to get (*cough Handsome Fomori cough*), perhaps you could so a quest of sorts to obtain it. He would be able to a decent amount of damage, since the Ice School isn't focused on attack and they don't have any good attack spells. The yeti could even do something like leave an ice trap. I think it would be a good idea to balance the Ice School a little bit and give them something that could get them through solo because they shine the most with friends.

-Luke Lionblade, extraordinarily under-leveled Myth Wizard
-Brynn Crowforge, slightly over-leveled Ice Wizard
-Cowan Deathstrider, level one Death Wizard

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
snowball pet: snowball strike... 3 pip, 185 damage aoe, and aoe 20% ice trap
add that to blizzard... i've soloed celestia up with this combo... and now in mirage...
snowball... 600 damage, blizzard 1200 damage... if i critical... 1200, 2400....

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
take note, i dont even use blades, traps, etc... aura, global, shadow, sun enchant, it

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
exp613 on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
You know, Ice needs better TEAM defensive spells. All they really have is Legion Shield and Taunt (however no one uses taunt, because most people don't know how it works and those that do, don't know how what the threat of the entity is or think it's a waste of pips).

I propose the following:

Change or provide a tutorial so that Taunt is easier to use/understand (perhaps a meter to show threat level?)

-Igloo A global spell effect that gives all friends +20% Crit Block, Stun Resistance, and Resistance
-Freeze 2 pips Stun All Enemies (like Fire and Myth's spell, idk why Ice doesn't have it?)
Tower shield is too OP
Igloo Too OP
Freeze (It does exist but only stuns 1 enemy) and.. Too OP Since Ice is most resistant and has tons of health
Shadow sentinel 2 WAY TOO OP
Stun Blockade too OP
Gobbler Lunch Should be Only available during Polymorph Gobbler
Mending Ice Thread is too OP
Health Boost Too OP

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
camahawk on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
snowball pet: snowball strike... 3 pip, 185 damage aoe, and aoe 20% ice trap
add that to blizzard... i've soloed celestia up with this combo... and now in mirage...
snowball... 600 damage, blizzard 1200 damage... if i critical... 1200, 2400....
Nice! and I agree I'm currently questing on my fire through Celestia hes level 52

Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
This is my ideal spell
name: Frozenthread wall}{ effect : if an enemy attack while active they get a -70 atk /critical atk debuff and is stunned}{obtained by defeating grandfather spider and talking t the ice aranum teacher

much frozen hugs goodbye

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I have played since 2009, if Ice gets a 90% tower shield I am leaving the game for good! Try to keep things balanced when you spew out these ideas please!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
TheLoyalStorm on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
Tower shield is too OP
Igloo Too OP
Freeze (It does exist but only stuns 1 enemy) and.. Too OP Since Ice is most resistant and has tons of health
Shadow sentinel 2 WAY TOO OP
Stun Blockade too OP
Gobbler Lunch Should be Only available during Polymorph Gobbler
Mending Ice Thread is too OP
Health Boost Too OP
Your avatar is Storm. You opinion doesn't count.

Just kidding, but in a way not really. I don't care if they are no PVP so if that's your qualm....

They are just ideas too, but I honestly don't know why the Mass Stun isn't already included? Fire and Myth have it?
Also my Overpowered Tower Shield would probably have to cost a Shadow Pip also their is pierce and Spears and even wand hits so it's really not that OP as you think it is. There is this thing called Bad Juju it's basically the Shield version of that.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
exp613 on Aug 3, 2017 wrote:

Just kidding, but in a way not really. I don't care if they are no PVP so if that's your qualm....

They are just ideas too, but I honestly don't know why the Mass Stun isn't already included? Fire and Myth have it?
Also my Overpowered Tower Shield would probably have to cost a Shadow Pip also their is pierce and Spears and even wand hits so it's really not that OP as you think it is. There is this thing called Bad Juju it's basically the Shield version of that.
Mass Stuns Probably not Included since Ice is very defensive and Fire and Myth need it cuz Fire has Low Health and Myth has A bit above fire's Health in a way they both aren't very defensive classes

Defender
Apr 03, 2016

I have a Max Ice but my Main Wizard is Storm. you cant Assume Schools just by the Avatar that's like The "Don't judge a book by its Cover" thing

Defender
Apr 03, 2016

What does Qualm even mean

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Looks like my reply did not make the cut, so let me try again. The day ice gets a 90% tower shield is the day i quit the game!

When proposing spell ideas, please try to keep in mind some balance, thanks and have a lovely day!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
A qualm is "an uneasy feeling of doubt, worry, or fear" so basically your problem or concern.

Wow that's quite the reaction Jasmine3429, one spell would really do that to you? (Also your first comment did go through it was just a little earlier than expected.)

As I mentioned earlier though, it's really not as overpowered as you think. It's basically just a tower shield you can't pierce through so you have to result to one of the other tactics. (Steal Ward, Myth Pierce, a wand hit. or you could actually use your school Spear, King Artorius, Shrike and Infallible plus various other ways and means and still do it that way. Also remember it's universal damage so have your friend hit it off if you don't want to.) Also as I mentioned before yeah, there would have to be some balance like a it costs a Shadow Pip. So that it isn't just blatantly spam spam spam. You're right in that regard if it was just zero pips like a regular tower that wouldn't be good at all. Also again, if you are worried about PVP, just say "No PVP" like we have to do with every other spell in the game now too. I'll be honest part of the reason I want the shield is I want the schools to go back to their strengths. Ice has too much damage at the moment at max level and really all the other schools have too much resist. Especially Universal resist.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Jasmine3429 on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
Looks like my reply did not make the cut, so let me try again. The day ice gets a 90% tower shield is the day i quit the game!

When proposing spell ideas, please try to keep in mind some balance, thanks and have a lovely day!
storm...super charge....120+ blade, Ion Ward 100+ critical%
fire... backdraft 120+ trap
death... bad juju... -90% weakness
fire.. effret... -90% weakness
death... feint - 80/70% trap

ice... the shield based school.... 90% tower..... my god i quit the game it''s so unbalanced!!!!!

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
The Loyal Storm... Qualm... your main focus, only intent.... if it breaks pvp, it needs to be nerfed or removed...... you did literally just took all her spells and say, no, no, no, that a bad idea, you're a horrible person, what was you thinking........ and you do realize, Fire school is the best school... you play as a weaker "storm wizard" but have health and resist... and Fire has 1 spell no storm wizard was.... a DoT.... fire doesnt need choke.... neither does myth honestly.... medusa makes sense, since you're in stone, you'll be stunned.......ice is the school who's focuses on health, defense, taunt, and stun...... and those 2 last ones are none existent now....

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
exp613 on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
A qualm is "an uneasy feeling of doubt, worry, or fear" so basically your problem or concern.

Wow that's quite the reaction Jasmine3429, one spell would really do that to you? (Also your first comment did go through it was just a little earlier than expected.)

As I mentioned earlier though, it's really not as overpowered as you think. It's basically just a tower shield you can't pierce through so you have to result to one of the other tactics. (Steal Ward, Myth Pierce, a wand hit. or you could actually use your school Spear, King Artorius, Shrike and Infallible plus various other ways and means and still do it that way. Also remember it's universal damage so have your friend hit it off if you don't want to.) Also as I mentioned before yeah, there would have to be some balance like a it costs a Shadow Pip. So that it isn't just blatantly spam spam spam. You're right in that regard if it was just zero pips like a regular tower that wouldn't be good at all. Also again, if you are worried about PVP, just say "No PVP" like we have to do with every other spell in the game now too. I'll be honest part of the reason I want the shield is I want the schools to go back to their strengths. Ice has too much damage at the moment at max level and really all the other schools have too much resist. Especially Universal resist.
It'd Ease my Qualm if You COULD pierce through it and If it cost a Shadow Pip I agree with this except for the fact you cant Pierce.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
camahawk on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
storm...super charge....120+ blade, Ion Ward 100+ critical%
fire... backdraft 120+ trap
death... bad juju... -90% weakness
fire.. effret... -90% weakness
death... feint - 80/70% trap

ice... the shield based school.... 90% tower..... my god i quit the game it''s so unbalanced!!!!!
You obviously do not do max pvp, on a storm facing and ice wizard, i would be dead well before I got accomplished any of that, as it is I am at a severe disadvantage facing Ice just because of my 3k + difference in health, now add that to being second and I pretty much guaranteed a loss

Most people are biased to one school or another, or pve or pvp, its just the way it is. There are very few people who can propose spell ideas while still considering all these other factors.

Abominable weaver hits hard and leaves a 75% tower shield, that is quite unbalanced enough imo And yes I have an ice wizard!

Have a lovely day!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The Loyal Storm... Qualm... your main focus, only intent.... if it breaks pvp, it needs to be nerfed or removed...... you did literally just took all her spells and say, no, no, no, that a bad idea, you're a horrible person, what was you thinking........ and you do realize, Fire school is the best school... you play as a weaker "storm wizard" but have health and resist... and Fire has 1 spell no storm wizard was.... a DoT.... fire doesnt need choke.... neither does myth honestly.... medusa makes sense, since you're in stone, you'll be stunned.......ice is the school who's focuses on health, defense, taunt, and stun...... and those 2 last ones are none existent now....
Now you want Ice to be myth? I am very unclear as to what is trying to be accomplished by this thread. Myth actually has 4 spells that stun, so if you were keeping track, that is probably the "stun" school not ice.

Myth has: Stun, Blinding light, Medusa, Basilisk

Ice has been given major increases in damages over time, if you want to go back to more of a defensive school are you willing to give up all the damage boosts the ice school has gotten? Because really if you could have everything why have 6 schools at all

Survivor
May 23, 2013
Well there obviously is a reason why ice is currently one of the top 1v1 pvp schools in the game. Giving ice another huge advantage would probably give ice another edge over the other schools. Giving ice an OP tower or something else that keeps them alive longer than they already can will make ice an unstoppable force. Maxed ice players have 7000-9000+ health on average, imagine trying to hit through their resist, weaver tower, AND with another advantage on top of that.

I agree that ice could use a spell for pve but we must keep balance in pvp as well. They both are a part of the game and players stay on because of one or the other.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
exp613 on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:

I propose the following:

Also Exp Ice already does have a Shadow spell that gives a gigantic shield why can't we stick with that? It'd be okay if it was only PvE but putting it in Pvp would just break it. Ice already is better then most schools cause of its health and resist. and maybe remove that "no pierce-through" thing.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
and also, Overtimes can be Triaged Over. and Many pvpers have Triage just in Case. for Ambroses Sake they even Have it Set for Fire Wizards.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016

Brittany I. Lvl 120
Alright. Here's MY Ideas.

Crystalline Frost: Remove All Wards on All Enemies And Then do 980-1120 Damage to All Enemies (The Damage isn't Affected by the Removed Wards) (Basically The Shield Version of Glowbugs. Perhaps Wizards Get it As a Replaced Version of Snowball Barrage or In the Next World Somehow?)

HoarFrost: Remove All Tower Shields and Snow Shields and then Put a 45% Iceblade on All Ice Wizards in Battle.

(Please Tell me If these are Too OP I thought My First Spell wasn't Since Glowbugs and Yeah)