Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice Spell Ideas?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
Now you want Ice to be myth? I am very unclear as to what is trying to be accomplished by this thread. Myth actually has 4 spells that stun, so if you were keeping track, that is probably the "stun" school not ice.

Myth has: Stun, Blinding light, Medusa, Basilisk

Ice has been given major increases in damages over time, if you want to go back to more of a defensive school are you willing to give up all the damage boosts the ice school has gotten? Because really if you could have everything why have 6 schools at all
You are correct in that Myth has Stun, Blinding Light, Medusa and Basilisk

Ice has Freeze, Winter Moon, Frost Giant, Mammoth and guess what? Stun Block so 5

"So if you were keeping track, that is probably the "stun" school" not Myth.

Also interesting to note that Fire School is the only one that mentions it knows how to Stun. The other 2 do not mention it on their pages. So perhaps Fire originally was intentioned to be the Stun School?
https://www.wizard101.com/game/ice-school
https://www.wizard101.com/game/myth-school

I think it's also important to realize Jasmine, not any one particular school at the moment has a monopoly on stuns.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
TheLoyalStorm on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
Also Exp Ice already does have a Shadow spell that gives a gigantic shield why can't we stick with that? It'd be okay if it was only PvE but putting it in Pvp would just break it. Ice already is better then most schools cause of its health and resist. and maybe remove that "no pierce-through" thing.
I never said to put it in PVP, I explicitly said to make it No PVP if necessary.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Alright. Here's MY Ideas.

Crystalline Frost: Remove All Wards on All Enemies And Then do 980-1120 Damage to All Enemies (The Damage isn't Affected by the Removed Wards) (Basically The Shield Version of Glowbugs. Perhaps Wizards Get it As a Replaced Version of Snowball Barrage or In the Next World Somehow?)

HoarFrost: Remove All Tower Shields and Snow Shields and then Put a 45% Iceblade on All Ice Wizards in Battle.

(Please Tell me If these are Too OP I thought My First Spell wasn't Since Glowbugs and Yeah)
Thank you for this post TheLoyalStorm. I'm glad that you chose to focus on the original topic of the post for now.

I would be fine with Crystalline Frost, except for the fact that it is literally just Mystic Collossus- however I like the idea.

I supposed HoarFrost would be useful, however I don't know if I like the fact that it is limited to just Tower and Snow Shields and only gives Ice a blade, but idk it too could be useful!

Thank you for your response!

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
You obviously do not do max pvp, on a storm facing and ice wizard, i would be dead well before I got accomplished any of that, as it is I am at a severe disadvantage facing Ice just because of my 3k + difference in health, now add that to being second and I pretty much guaranteed a loss

Most people are biased to one school or another, or pve or pvp, its just the way it is. There are very few people who can propose spell ideas while still considering all these other factors.

Abominable weaver hits hard and leaves a 75% tower shield, that is quite unbalanced enough imo And yes I have an ice wizard!

Have a lovely day!
You are right Jasmine3429. It is difficult to face Ice at max level PVP. I think most everyone will agree with you that it is broken.

I think people would also agree that people have preferences for certain schools too. (I prefer support roles over attack ones). However, just because I make a suggestion doesn't mean that it will:

a) ever be implemented into the game
b) be implemented in that exact manner to which I first described it. (Yeah, I agree it should cost some shadow magic and some regular pips too, I was just copy pasting from one of my old posts. I hope that KI would balance it somehow.
or c) that one spell or feature should completely destroy the entire game for you.

I guess, my point is ever since you posted on this thread it has been negative remarks, about others posts. Criticism is fine, but it should be constructive criticism otherwise it just makes you look like a grumpy meanie beanie.

I propose that instead of just saying that it's awful will ruin the whole game and is overpowered say something like, I don't know if I like that idea, as it sounds too overpowered, maybe if you lowered the percent to like 75% that would be more reasonable.

Anyway the original topic is Ice Spell ideas, what ideas do you have for Ice spells Jasmine3429?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Alright. Here's MY Ideas.

Crystalline Frost: Remove All Wards on All Enemies And Then do 980-1120 Damage to All Enemies (The Damage isn't Affected by the Removed Wards) (Basically The Shield Version of Glowbugs. Perhaps Wizards Get it As a Replaced Version of Snowball Barrage or In the Next World Somehow?)

HoarFrost: Remove All Tower Shields and Snow Shields and then Put a 45% Iceblade on All Ice Wizards in Battle.

(Please Tell me If these are Too OP I thought My First Spell wasn't Since Glowbugs and Yeah)
Except glowbugs removes blades after the hit, so not sure what your comparison is to that If storm had a spell that removed a shield first it would be unstoppable!

Removing shields and then doing all that damage is over powered in my opinion, sorry!

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
exp613 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
I never said to put it in PVP, I explicitly said to make it No PVP if necessary.
Oh Alright Then Thanks

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
exp613 on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for this post TheLoyalStorm. I'm glad that you chose to focus on the original topic of the post for now.

I would be fine with Crystalline Frost, except for the fact that it is literally just Mystic Collossus- however I like the idea.

I supposed HoarFrost would be useful, however I don't know if I like the fact that it is limited to just Tower and Snow Shields and only gives Ice a blade, but idk it too could be useful!

Thank you for your response!
No Problem! Thank YOU for the Very Kind Response! I wasn't thinking about Mystic Collosus when I made that Spell So Maybe It could Attack and then put a 500-1000 Absorb On The Caster And/or The Entire Team Or Placing a 35% Tower Shield on the Entire Team? Cause to Me, Ice Is The Defensive/Stun/Tough School. I limited it to Tower And Snow Shields and Blade To just Maybe Give Ice a Chance to Attack. I made it only Snow and Tower and a Blade Because Ice is.. Ice and Since Hoarfrost Is a grayish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapor I feel Like Ice should be the only One Given Power by that Spell.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
Except glowbugs removes blades after the hit, so not sure what your comparison is to that If storm had a spell that removed a shield first it would be unstoppable!

Removing shields and then doing all that damage is over powered in my opinion, sorry!
Its No problem. I agree, but Ice is Usually the ones Who Don't Attack, So getting rid of the shields would be Amazing To Do Great Damage. I Also Do think It May Break Pvp But yeah. One of the First Posters Here Commented on my Post And Said The Spell was a Bit like Mystic Collosus and More. So Maybe We Could Just Put like a 35% Tower Shield on the Team after the Spell Attacks or Maybe Even a 500-1000 Damage Absorb Based on the Damage It Does? (A bit too Op in my Opinion but Ye)

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:

And As I said Ice Is one of the Weaker Schools So they Should Remove Shields Before The Attack. Plus I made it Remove Before Cause as I said, Ice is the Weaker School, and That If it removed After, The Attack would be Weaker. Ice needs to be Stronger. So That's Why. Or maybe instead of removing shields it should be giving shields or absorbs Like in the Previous Reply to your Post.

Explorer
May 03, 2016
TheLoyalStorm on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
And As I said Ice Is one of the Weaker Schools So they Should Remove Shields Before The Attack. Plus I made it Remove Before Cause as I said, Ice is the Weaker School, and That If it removed After, The Attack would be Weaker. Ice needs to be Stronger. So That's Why. Or maybe instead of removing shields it should be giving shields or absorbs Like in the Previous Reply to your Post.
Ice is by far not one of the weaker schools! It is in fact one of the top tier schools because of their health. Damage wise, ice is still a strong school. Weaver put us over the top because its one of the stronger ice spells and gives a -75 shield. To be able to remove shields or give shields to the whole team does sound good.

Survivor
Sep 11, 2010
Maybe a new ice spell could be a shield sort of like Feint. It casts a 70% universal shield to you, but it gives your opponent a 50% universal shield (tower shield).

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
TheLoyalStorm on Aug 10, 2017 wrote:
I believe when mystic collosus was on test, it removed shields before, there was an uproar and KI changed it, I could be mistaken though

I do not really think Ice can be considered a weak school anymore

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Celescale on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Ice is by far not one of the weaker schools! It is in fact one of the top tier schools because of their health. Damage wise, ice is still a strong school. Weaver put us over the top because its one of the stronger ice spells and gives a -75 shield. To be able to remove shields or give shields to the whole team does sound good.
It says on the Ki Website that Ice is supposed to be the Defensive School using Absorbs and Tower shields and Stuff. Plus If you compare ice beetle to all of the other schools first spells, you will see its the weakest of all of them.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
I believe when mystic collosus was on test, it removed shields before, there was an uproar and KI changed it, I could be mistaken though

I do not really think Ice can be considered a weak school anymore
True Very true but It is true that Ice has the weakest damage from all the other schools. If you compare all the rank 1 spells you will probably figure out ice beetle is the weakest

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
exp613 on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
You know, Ice needs better TEAM defensive spells. All they really have is Legion Shield and Taunt (however no one uses taunt, because most people don't know how it works and those that do, don't know how what the threat of the entity is or think it's a waste of pips).

I propose the following:

Change or provide a tutorial so that Taunt is easier to use/understand (perhaps a meter to show threat level?)

- Tower Shield 90% 2 Pips (or maybe 0 pips +1 Shadow pip)
-Igloo A global spell effect that gives all friends +20% Crit Block, Stun Resistance, and Resistance
-Freeze 2 pips Stun All Enemies (like Fire and Myth's spell, idk why Ice doesn't have it?)
- Shadow Sentinel 2 Next generation of Shadow Sentinel
-Stun Blockade 0-1 pip Stun Shield to all Friends
-Gobbler Lunch 2 pip Heal 400
-Mending Ice Thread- Block Pierce Reduces Pierce block
-Health Boost- Gain an additional 35% Max Health for Battle 5 pips
Alright
More Spells Mwehehe!

-Frost Medusa (The Name needs to be Worked On. Its a Blue Version of the Medusa Spell)
What it does: Stuns Enemy for 1 Round, Does 725-820 Ice Damage For 8 Pips

-Dark Frost (880-1025 Ice Damage to All Enemies and +10%-25% Tower shield on Full Team. The Tower shield Percentage Depends on How Much Damage The Spell Does.)

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Celescale on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Also you didn't have to be rude by putting an exclamation mark. Also. I didn't say it IS. I meant its SUPPOSED to be. I am not claiming that it Is the school cause Technically All Schools can be Really Strong.