Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clans - Guilds - Groups!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2017
So I have a (new?) idea that could make an awesome addition to the game.

Clans!

How would they work?
Just on an invite basis. Making friends and questing would be made so much easier.
Of course, clans would need a limit. There would be a clan leader, and a few other ranks that the leader would decide upon.

To create a clan, you'd have to pay an amount of crowns, or gold - this would limit the potential abuse of creating and deleting clans.

Clans could also pay out small bonuses to it's members. Sort of like targets, achievements, clan quests etc.
Or - there could even be a clan shop! For instance, you could buy new badges that each clan member can display to show off what their clan has achieved - with joined efforts, showing teamwork. It could work on a basis of clan experience, and experience could be earned though battling dungeons together, PvP, minigames etc.

Another thing that could be added to the shop are clan houses (obviously not being cheap), this house can only be accessed through the clan menu and can only be modified by the clan leader, or any other 'captains' etc. that were designated by the leader (with a maximum of 3 captains). Items within the clan house can not be moved into an individual's inventory, there would be a special clan inventory.

Furtniture for the clan house can be bought from the clan shop, or through clan battle loot drops. Of course, clan houses and shops are a far extention from my basic idea of clans.

Clan PvP could also be a possibility, as well as Clan leaderboards. Each clan would battle another clan which are equivalent with clan experience to avoid unfair match-making.

Players from e.g level25+ should be able to join a clan, so it's not such a sudden introduction whilst the player is still learning the game. The clan leader may also set the entry level requirements, and any other little details. The clan leader should choose whether it's an open-invite, or closed-invite - meaning if players are able to request to join the clan (accepted by leader or captain), or if the clan leader has to specifically invite the individual in order for them to join.

There could be many other sub rankings within the clans. Such as recruit, member, sergeant, captain and owner (permament rank). Ranks can change based on experience gained for the clan by the individual, or by the owner. Different ranks may have different levels of power within the clan.

Experience could also be gained through individual battles. A player should choose if they want the experience to be gained directly to them, or to the clan. All experience from that battle would convert into clan experience if the individual chooses to do so.

Okay! This was a story and a half, wow! I don't have many characters left and still have a few other ideas to suggest but that can come later. Feedback greatly appreciated, and congratulations for reading right up to the end!

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I believe that this would work but did not kingisle put there foot down as no before? Again it might change if like all the game asks for it but I would not count on it as it been asked a few hundred times before and no change.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Sorry, the Dorms message board states that any type of guild/clan idea would not be considered and will not ever be a part of Wizard101 (check the "Welcome to The Dorms" post). Your ideas are interesting, and I would like to see it happen, but it just won't.

Defender
May 16, 2009
Sorry to burst your bubble, but they've already stated officially that they will not implement guilds.

Despite what they say, they seem to approve guild suggestions, but still, see here: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/welcome-to-the-dorms-19617?page=1

Survivor
May 09, 2015
The new chat channels in test realm was KI's way of implementing "clans", in the rules of the message boards they say; "we will not be adding clans". Even though this idea sounds really cool, it isn't bound to happen.

Ethan Griffin Thorn 75
Ethan Life Caster. 15