Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Great Prepaid Card Extention?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 27, 2013
Recently I have been looking for W101 prepaid cards (in SW Florida), with very little luck.
CVS? No.
Walgreens? No.
Walmart? No.
Target? No.
Family Dollar? No.
Toys R Us? Only the $20 cards.
What’s going on?

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I too live in SW FL. I find that stores such as Best Buy sell 10 and 20$ cards. The local Walgreens does not carry them anymore to my dismay. Walmart usually only stocks the Spiral Cup Gauntlets. Try checking Best Buy. There is one in a plaza with Panera that usually carries them!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If that doesnt work try buying them online, I know both walmart and game stop sell wiz cards online.

Defender
May 27, 2013
I have seen that the Best Buy does carry the $20. They no longer list the $10 card for that company. And Game Stop remains quite loyal in carrying the cards.

I am actually far more concerned as to whether this is a local trend due to some distributor refusing to stock / deliver the cards to the stores or if this is a broader phenomenon and KI is phasing out cards to many of the listed companies. Though it is often cheaper to buy the crowns on-line, killing the cards would also eliminate easy access to some of the limited pets. I know for experienced players, hatching is always an option... but I remember a certain kind of excitement at finding the cards with ‘that!’ pet.

If it is just a local issue, then perhaps KI might wish to investigate what the problem might be.

If KI is phasing out the cards, then that could be a bummer.

P.S. ‘No’ at the Circle K stores, as well.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
gamestop almost always has them, at least where I live.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Fandango739 on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
Recently I have been looking for W101 prepaid cards (in SW Florida), with very little luck.
CVS? No.
Walgreens? No.
Walmart? No.
Target? No.
Family Dollar? No.
Toys R Us? Only the $20 cards.
What’s going on?
Did you try GameStop?

That's the only place I've reliably seen prepaid cards. (Not just the bundles, they have $10 & $20 cards at my local store.)

Alia Misthaven

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
My hunch is that it's a local thing. If the particular stores in your area aren't selling the cards as often as they'd like, they probably wouldn't restock.

Like many others, I can always find cards at GameStop (and usually Best Buy). However, I've also seen cards at my local CVS, Target, and Toys R Us. When I go out of town though, it's a mixed bag.

Walmart, Best Buy, and GameStop definitely sell their cards online. If all else fails, you might want to look into going that route.

~Vanessa Mythdust