Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crystal Bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
I've approached part of the Dragonspyre where crystals must be placed to summon bosses. When myself or other players attempt to summon the second boss with the kraken statue above, there isn't a pop-up allowing you to continue. I've tried going home then teleporting back, starting and finishing new quests, and entered dungeons only to go back and see nothing has changed. This has stopped my story progression along with some other players'. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
I received this glitch as well when questing my storm wizard through Dragonspyre. For me, changing realms seemed to fix the problem. Hopefully this helps!

Sincerely,
Ashley Ash, level 114
Abigail, level 51
Moira Moonflame, level 48

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Hi,
I noticed that you posted on another thread about this problem and that you've tried the advice given there. There is one more thing you can try, which sounds silly but it sometimes works:

Just go up to the crystal and, even if the interactive window remains hidden, press "X" on your keyboard anyway. It might get you going....

If that still doesn't work, then I'd suggest two things.

First, this is a bug in the game and should be posted on the Halston's Laboratory board. That's where technical issues are discussed and hopefully resolved. We might need to get Dworgyn's attention on it since quite a few players have reported problems with the crystals.

Second, since you're stalled and no longer able to progress in the game, you can contact support by clicking on the "Help ?" icon in the upper right corner of this page. They'll either set you straight on what you need to do, or just jump you beyond the block while they go to work on the problem that is stalling you and so many others in this area.

Good luck, either way!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
staf259 on Jun 26, 2017 wrote:
I've approached part of the Dragonspyre where crystals must be placed to summon bosses. When myself or other players attempt to summon the second boss with the kraken statue above, there isn't a pop-up allowing you to continue. I've tried going home then teleporting back, starting and finishing new quests, and entered dungeons only to go back and see nothing has changed. This has stopped my story progression along with some other players'. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Before you can battle the "Sea Lord" you must first complete the quest "Trapper Keeper". If you have done this quest and still cannot activate the Crystal, then there may be something else you are missing.

I would suggest contacting support@wizard101.com

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
I suggest trying different realms. If the problem persists, contact KI.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Thanks for the feedback and advice! I went up to the crystal regardless if it had a pop-up or not and pressed X, and it worked! I'm kind of unfamiliar with the board as I only got back into the game a few days ago. All your helpfulness has been appreciated. Thanks again!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
staf259 on Jun 27, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback and advice! I went up to the crystal regardless if it had a pop-up or not and pressed X, and it worked! I'm kind of unfamiliar with the board as I only got back into the game a few days ago. All your helpfulness has been appreciated. Thanks again!
Yay!
So glad to hear that the "blind faith" approach worked.

Alia Misthaven