Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
Okay so I'm a level 60 and I haven't won a SINGLE ranked PvP match that I have played (I have played a lot) the simple reason is that I simply don't have any PvP gear that is good I mean I always get 1 shotted in every match. I can't buy arena tickets or pvp in the crown shop. Everytime I lose I get like 2 tickets so I'm getting no where. Anyone have any advice I mean this isn't very fun :/

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
what gear are you currently using?
my level 60 made it to warlord using a combo of WaterWorks gear and the crafted Winter Tusk gear, before having enough tickets to buy any pvp gear. maybe try those out?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I recommend you try doing tournaments, you'll get way more tickets. Even if you come in dead last it's still a lot more then you'll get from ranked. So several questions..

What school are you?
What kind of gear do you have?
What's your pet situation?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
I would also recommend having crit block gear if you say your getting one-shot. That, and resistance really helps out. Also try to use shields to your advantage. one of the best strategies is to train into ice until you can get tower shield, or, just simply buy an amulet that gives you that card, or the option of TC's. With that, you can last longer and save up to do damage.
I wouldn't recommend using things like spirit armor, because you waste your rounds stacking up pips. Pets also play a huge role. Try to hatch with people to get the things you want, mainly may casts, and benefits to your wizard.
See you in the spiral.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013