Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sun school mutate spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2012
Hello, this is my first post so pardon me if things arent the way they should be.
anyways, i just started another wizard, and i'm about to finish dragonspyre. knowing that celestia is the next world, along with a ton of astral spells, i was mainly focused on the sun school. SPECIFICALLY the mutate spells. being a low-ish level storm wizard, i saw mutate thunderbird and i was all "WOW, this is ridiculous." but the main concern is this: Can i stack mutate thunderbird on a phoenix along with a damage enhancement, like giant? seeing as stacking multiple damage enhancing enchants dont work, i was wondering if this would. theoretically, mutate spells arent damage enchants (i dont know the code behind it so i dont know for sure,) but this could bring more use to the mutate spells. its out of the ordinary and can give people a use for spare training points.

TL:DR, can mutate enchants stack with damage enchants (ex. mutate thunderbird with epic?)

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
I wouldn't get mutate spells if I were you. you would have train in the fire school up until phoenix wasting a lot of training points. they aren't very good in pvp either. they also wont do as much damage as you want them to later. just stick to damage enchants and that will be good. and to answer your question mutates and damage enchants wont stack.

Jason GoldenFlame lvl 104()

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
No unfortunatly we can't stack any enchants. What we really need is monstrology enchants stacking with damage ones.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Once you mutate the Phoenix into thunderbird, it is a treasure card, therefore no, you can not stack it with damage or another enchant.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2015
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Sorry, I forgot there was a trained spell for that, I always use TCs. Anyway, as others have stated, you can not enchant any spell twice.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello!

I actually have trained two Sun School Enchantments: as mentioned in this post: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/polaris/dear-scholar-stellargaze-8ad6a4245b613821015b63a1e85d39f1?reset=1

Basically, while they can be fun to mess around with, no they sadly are not useful. I will admit that I do use the Midnight Sprite probably the most, but only if it basically shows up the first round/to break shield/wand things off. I only use Fire Wyvern when I'm messing around with my Fire Mastery Amulet (as I won Krampus later too). However again, bottom line, they are not entirely useful, but if you want to train them I think that's fine. It's always fun, and it surprises people when I pull one of those out of the wood works sometimes haha.

You can do whatever you want, and they can be fun. No, they do not stack. (You can only enchant things one time basically)

Also keep in mind the Sun enchants that I got were for schools that I had already trained. So like if you already have storm/fire trained you can do it, especially if you get to a point like me, where you kind of have excess training points .

Have fun.