Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 vs Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Which one do you like better? Wizards or Pirates? Explain why you like each and dislike each.
I personally like Wizard101 wayyyyy better!
-Alia SparkleGrove

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I like some parts of both better than the other.

For example, in pirates the entire team gets the SAME drops, this would be great if it were implemented in wizard. How many times have you farmed with a friend and either they got what you wanted or vice versa and all the bad feelings you get from that.

In wizards the pet system is much better believe it or not. In pirates there are no pet games and people seem to think that is great as leveling pets is a passive activity, however, it can takes days to find out if a pet failed or not. It is also infinitely harder to figure out your pet pool to even know if what you need is in there.

PVP is better in pirates, but it looks like wizards may be addressing that shortly.

In short I do enjoy playing both games. Pirates for me is a lot more fun, maybe I have played wizards too long, or perhaps I like that your character actively attacks as opposed to just casting spells,.

They are both good games honestly.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
JelliBeans603 on Jun 16, 2017 wrote:
Which one do you like better? Wizards or Pirates? Explain why you like each and dislike each.
I personally like Wizard101 wayyyyy better!
-Alia SparkleGrove
Back then I HATED everything about Pirate101, but when I saw how amazing Aquila looked in there, I knew I would have to play eventually..... Fast-forward years later, back in March, I finally got a membership for the game. Let me just say, it was WAY MORE FUN than I thought it would be, and I quickly burned through all the content. The fights are actually strategic, require thought, and PVP there is so much more fun than it is on Wizard.

I am a diehard Wizard fan considering I'm maxed in all the schools, but it's just getting boring to be honest. Back then, there was always something new to do. Now, we only get actual content once a year, and Kingsisle just forces updates down our throats that no one really wants... :/ Just look at how many people wanted the crit/block change, the Majoris Life robe change, and the "wonderful" Reshuffle change... PVP in Wizard is also insanely unbalanced, and Kingsisle doesn't really seem to try to do anything to fix it. Changing the turn order up is something players have been begging for years now, but if it only applies for a tournament, then that's not what we want. There's also the fact that players keep begging for nerfs on every new addition to the game, which causes it to be such a joke and not at all fun to play through.

Pirate has issues too, but they're more about the life of the game than what is actually in it. Kingsisle hardly ever updates Pirate, which causes seriousconcern about the game's future. There's also hardly any side activities to do in there as well. If Pirate is to have any future, Kingsisle MUST abandon their mobile games and refocus on it.

I guess overall I like Pirate101 better. I have no doubt that if Kingsisle focuses on it and gives it just as many updates as it does for Wizard, then it will become more popular than Wizard101 ever was.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, I like Wizard101 so much more than Pirate101. I find Pirate pretty boring, to be honest. I just don't like the combat system.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
i would say wizard101 i really enjoyed playing i have being playing it since i was about 6 its very fun on the other and pirate101 i do not play it very much its okay so wizard101 is my favoirte online game!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
BrahmShadow on Jun 17, 2017 wrote:
Back then I HATED everything about Pirate101, but when I saw how amazing Aquila looked in there, I knew I would have to play eventually..... Fast-forward years later, back in March, I finally got a membership for the game. Let me just say, it was WAY MORE FUN than I thought it would be, and I quickly burned through all the content. The fights are actually strategic, require thought, and PVP there is so much more fun than it is on Wizard.

I am a diehard Wizard fan considering I'm maxed in all the schools, but it's just getting boring to be honest. Back then, there was always something new to do. Now, we only get actual content once a year, and Kingsisle just forces updates down our throats that no one really wants... :/ Just look at how many people wanted the crit/block change, the Majoris Life robe change, and the "wonderful" Reshuffle change... PVP in Wizard is also insanely unbalanced, and Kingsisle doesn't really seem to try to do anything to fix it. Changing the turn order up is something players have been begging for years now, but if it only applies for a tournament, then that's not what we want. There's also the fact that players keep begging for nerfs on every new addition to the game, which causes it to be such a joke and not at all fun to play through.

Pirate has issues too, but they're more about the life of the game than what is actually in it. Kingsisle hardly ever updates Pirate, which causes seriousconcern about the game's future. There's also hardly any side activities to do in there as well. If Pirate is to have any future, Kingsisle MUST abandon their mobile games and refocus on it.

I guess overall I like Pirate101 better. I have no doubt that if Kingsisle focuses on it and gives it just as many updates as it does for Wizard, then it will become more popular than Wizard101 ever was.
That was a very good analysis, BrahmShadow. I have to say that Pirate101 is my favorite game for many reasons.
The Companion System: you're never entering a battle by yourself - you have a faithful crew fighting at your side. They have personalities so the story never gets stale, and how you create your character determines what companions you recruit as well as quest line, so even if you play more than one character the story is a little bit different.
Battle System: This is more enjoyable and creative than a static dueling circle - you get to move your pieces around the board. Knowing your powers and talents ( which W101 lacks ) is far more strategic than passively hurling spells or waiting for pips to show up ( plus there is no fizzle for a power card attack. )
Pets: I enjoy the fact that I don't have to stop what I'm doing ( or even be on-line ) to train a pet ( so there! )
Story Line: Hands down, this has got to be where P101 trumps W101, the writing is simply better.
Once we get the side content we've been asking for these 4 years, Pirate101 will be an even more awesome game than it is now.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008