Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is fishing worth the time?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I am on the grizzleheim quest and I usually just do it for money. But is it worth while, because the only reward is gold and trust me I got plenty of that.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I do it for crafting tapestries.... Otherwise, eh. No, it's not worth it for me to waste time on fishing.

Some people do seem to enjoy it, though.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Fishing can be useful for a few things.

1. You can catch any kind of fish (common, rare, epic, seasonal, sentinels, etc.) and keep them in an aquarium to show them off to your friends!
  2. Fish can be used for getting quick gold. I do this strategy a lot when i'm running a little low on gold.
  3. You can waste your energy on it quickly for whatever reason you'd want to do that.
  4. Fish can be used in crafting many useful things like gear and housing items.
  5. You can fish to collect all the fish you can catch, which is my goal!

Fishing isn't really all that useful but it's just something fun KI decided to implement in the game to pass some time while waiting for team-up or something!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:
I am on the grizzleheim quest and I usually just do it for money. But is it worth while, because the only reward is gold and trust me I got plenty of that.
I only fish for the chests to be honest. When Celestia fishing came out, the Celestian Sword (a retired Crown Shop wand) was added to the fishing chests there, and as I really wanted it, I fished there and got it.

The Beckett promo wands also used to be INCREDIBLY rare and hard to get, but they got added to Zafaria fishing chests. When that update hit live, the Elephant Graveyard was SO populated with people trying to get the wands.

Nowadays, I'm just fishing for Pirate101 music scrolls.

Defender
Mar 04, 2012
If you think it's fun then it is the whole point of a addition to a game is for it to be fun