Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best way to get reagents?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I am having lots of trouble with crafting because I put off my intinate badge until legendary level. So now I need tons of reagents. My sister says to buy them but the 'buy more' tab usually gives me the most expensive option, and I am not sitting buying them one by one. I just need a way to get reagents without spending money, gold, and time.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You might want to start gardening, if you haven't already.

Pink Dandelions (ancient scroll, black pearl, blood moss, lava lily, spring, crystal vial and more)
Fickle Pickles (blood moss, diamond, aether, acorn, fossil, grendleweed, nightshade and more)

Start there.

Pink Dandelions drop all over the place in Krokotopia; Fickle Pickles can be bought for gold from the gardener mole in Golem Court. Just buy a couple of pickles, as they will self-seed and overrun your backpack pretty quickly.

Once you level above rank 5 in gardening, you can add in Burning Snapdragons and Maelstrom Snapdragons. They often drop in Dragonspyre and Celestia.

If you have Crowns to spend, definitely get King Parsley (sunstones, amber, aether, diamond), and Evil Magma Peas (aether, sunstone, scrap iron, all types of pearls). EMPs are bonus for giving you rank 8 & 9 mega snacks, so definitely worth the crowns.

It will take you some time to harvest all the reagents you need, but in the meanwhile you'll be earning gold, treasure cards and pet snacks (to sell for more gold), and the reagents will slowly start to stockpile.

Happy crafting!

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
May 10, 2014
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:
I am having lots of trouble with crafting because I put off my intinate badge until legendary level. So now I need tons of reagents. My sister says to buy them but the 'buy more' tab usually gives me the most expensive option, and I am not sitting buying them one by one. I just need a way to get reagents without spending money, gold, and time.
Unfortunately, gold, money, and time is exactly what you need for crafting. As you go up the levels of crafting the reagents will just get harder to obtain. When using the buy more option you should adjust the slider slowly to get just enough that you need.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
You can't get reagents without one of these three things. The way to get reagents is farming for them by hopping realms a lot and buying them from the bazaar which takes time and gold. If you wanted to you could get a select few reagents with crowns.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I recently found out I could feed my pet my unwanted boots, hats, wands, gowns, ect. and have been gaining treasure cards, gold, and reagents. I've got grendle weed that is very hard to find. I have also gotten extra reagents that are very hard to find. I've gotten glass vials, you won't have to go buy them for you quests. I've also have gotten some very good treasure cards and a lot of gold .

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I've gotten some malestroms and I'm going to plant them after my fickle pickles are elder as well as my fish on a vine, silver trumpet vines, and grapes of wrath. I mainly started my gardening from those.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I was in celestia doing a quest and came upon a treasure card vendor. He had a whole lot of very rare reagent transmute cards. He is in floating islands in the water mole village on the dock. If you have the money and reagents to craft these items, I would pick them up. Rare items some people are trying to find are grendleweed , diamonds, leather straps, ectoplasms, and more.

Survivor
May 24, 2012
A great but time consuming way is to garden for the reagent (which can get annoying since you'll have to find which plant gives the certain reagent).
Another way is to find Reagent Spots which are spots guaranteed to have at least one of the Reagent you're looking for and then you can just keep realm switching.
If its a certain Reagent that's difficult to get like Fossils, Black Pearls or Blood Moss a great way to do it is to transmute. The majority of the transmute recipe's can be found by a guy in the Celestial Base Camp.
Hope this helps!

Zachary Shade LVL 76

Survivor
Nov 06, 2014
Well reagents do need money, gold, time so you can't stop that much. But here are my ways to get reagents:
  1. Refreshing the Bazaar
  2. Getting transmute recipes
  3. Battling monsters
  4. Just roaming around trying to find the ones on the ground lol
  5. Gardening
Rylee GoldLeaf