Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor Drop Rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I have 3 wizards (max death, max balance and level 100 storm)

I've done Darkmoor 100+ times on all 3 characters and I've only managed to get the full gear for my death.
Does anyone know if the drop rate has changed? I've even spent over 300 crowns in Malistaire's chest and I still haven't gotten anything.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Regardless of the drop rate, which probably has not changed, at the end of the day its really just luck as its all random. Even if the drop rate were 25%, you are not guaranteed a drop every 4 runs, as they are all independent occurrences.

my advice would be to limit the number of runs you do in one sitting so as not to burn out and find a team efficientenough to complete the dungeon in 45 mins or less.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2017
Probability doesn't follow suit, its random, hence the definition.
Except, here is what I do know.
Life and death are most likely to get the drop, as they do the most work.
This is because death does damage and heals, so he never leaves the battle and doesn't die.
Life heals, never leaves the battle and does work.
That is why your death Wizard always gets the drop!
Any questions? HMU!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Jimmyg1012 on May 28, 2017 wrote:
I have 3 wizards (max death, max balance and level 100 storm)

I've done Darkmoor 100+ times on all 3 characters and I've only managed to get the full gear for my death.
Does anyone know if the drop rate has changed? I've even spent over 300 crowns in Malistaire's chest and I still haven't gotten anything.
I'm pretty sure the drop rate changed, and Kingsisle didn't tell anyone. Here's the thing: whenever Kingsisle nerfs something, they REALLY lower the drop rate. When Darkmoor first came out, many people were reporting that they got their entire set in just two runs. Yes, it was harder back then, but drop rates were really good as long as you didn't flee during the fight. Darkmoor is now a joke and so are the drop rates.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
BrahmShadow on Jun 16, 2017 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the drop rate changed, and Kingsisle didn't tell anyone. Here's the thing: whenever Kingsisle nerfs something, they REALLY lower the drop rate. When Darkmoor first came out, many people were reporting that they got their entire set in just two runs. Yes, it was harder back then, but drop rates were really good as long as you didn't flee during the fight. Darkmoor is now a joke and so are the drop rates.
KI once told us that they hardly ever ever change drop rates. My theory is the more people farming a given thing, the higher the drop rate appears because there are just more rolls of the dice happening. Thus when something first releases it is usually the best time to farm for gear because there are so many people running through it.

KI honestly has no reason to go in and mess with drop rates. Someone usually starts a rumor that drop rates were increased or lowered and then everyone buys into the story and spreads it around, pretty soon its know as FACT when no one actually can prove it one way or the other.

Perception is a funny thing.