Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earn Crowns videos triggers malware warning!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2017
Hey, here's a funny little story for you! I was just watching some Earn Crowns videos, gathering up some crowns to stitch my newly acquired Sky Iron Hasta with, when out of nowhere, my premium ( paid ) version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware warns me that a malicious website had just been blocked. It was connected to the Wizard101 game somehow. A second later, my game crashes.

I log back in, try to watch videos again, and get the same result: Malware warning, game crashing.

Apparently, wherever those videos are coming from, they're coming from a website that's infested with malware, because it keeps triggering warnings and crashing the game!

Uh, KingsIsle, I know times are tough, but if there's one thing I know parents will NOT appreciate, it's your Earn Crowns videos inflicting their computers with MALWARE while they're kids are playing the game. I was lucky to have a paid version of the worlds best malware protection software, thank goodness, so I doubt any damage has been done to my system. The next person this happens too, however, may not be so fortunate. You better get out there and figure out what's going on quick, before there's more then just warnings!

( And as a side note to everyone else reading this: It may be pricey, but consider installing an anti-malware program like Malwarebytes BEFORE playing an MMORPG that features an "Earn ____" system like Wizard101's; If a scenario like this ever comes up, that program may end up saving your system. )