Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you think that this game is "dead"?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
People might think that, but I don't! I love this game!

Jonathan DawnHunter

Survivor
Mar 04, 2016
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Survivor
Jul 24, 2014
There are definitely less players now than there were several years ago. I remember at peak hours, there would be several full realms. Now you'd be lucky to find Ambrose full at any time. It's not exactly dead, but it's pretty close to it.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Personally, no.

Kings Isle is releasing new content. There is plenty to do to keep a casual game going. The fact that the 9th birthday is coming soon, and the fact that there are still plenty of wizards running around the spiral is pretty indicative that Wizards is not dead.

I started playing over seven years ago and got my Wizard to Marleybone. After my first wife passed, I lost interest in a lot of things (Wizards included). Recently I started back into Wizards as a way of spending time with my now grown and scattered children. We're still having fun with the game now seven years later. So after seeing all the new content that KI has released in the interim of my hiatus and the reasons I stated above, I would have to say that Wizards101 is very much alive and well.

Pirates 101 on the other hand...

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Nope. But there is a graveyard down the street and this game is walking in that direction.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
This game is not dead. It's true that the game has slowed down a bit but it's normal for any gaming business to have their slow downs at times for many life reasons such as having no time to play or can't afford a membership to play etc... . KI is still making games and worlds meaning this company is doing well.

NOTE: People, we all need to be very careful on making and/or answering to posts such as this one; for it may cause a panic from false information which can be harmful to the game

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
Not at all :)

Fiona IceDust
Level 79 Thaumaturge

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I think it isn't as popular as in it's starter years, but that generally is common with most games. You'll find plenty of people questing in the Spiral. Hardly dead though.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 108+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Polaris)

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Dead? No. Slowly dying over time? Yes.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Defender
Mar 10, 2014
coolstudygirl on May 19, 2017 wrote:
Just wondering.
Not at all, though there are less updates less worlds a year, the spiral is still filled with plenty of players. There may be less then there used to be but the game is still pretty populated.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
You might think it's dead if you compare it to back when it was new, but I still a lot of wizards questing and doing other stuff. It is normal for games to slow down over the years.

Kane, Level 80 Archmage Necromancer

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hero
May 07, 2015
Survivor
Dec 26, 2015
  • no not at all i love the game add me autumn ghostblade level 93 (questing in krys) Autumn titan level 32 commander (questing in mooshu)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I think this is partially due to YouTubers trying to create more drama. YouTubers also say that minecraft is dead, but it too seems to be doing well. I think a more accurate statement is that while the game is not as popular as it was in its heyday, it's still alive. Perhaps instead of being in its 20s it has reached middle adult hood and now is in its late 30-40s in a sense. So when you compare it to new games it looks old or whatever, but it really is still alive. It is this kind of drama and complaining as to why I have not yet found a "Wiztuber" that I can stay subscribed to for more than a week. The language of some Wiztubers is also frustrating. Ugh, don't let them ruin a good game for you. I think that KI will be fine as long as they keep good updates and listen to the requests of their community. (We are the ones who fund the game not the dying YouTube channels)

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
exp613 on May 26, 2017 wrote:
I think this is partially due to YouTubers trying to create more drama. YouTubers also say that minecraft is dead, but it too seems to be doing well. I think a more accurate statement is that while the game is not as popular as it was in its heyday, it's still alive. Perhaps instead of being in its 20s it has reached middle adult hood and now is in its late 30-40s in a sense. So when you compare it to new games it looks old or whatever, but it really is still alive. It is this kind of drama and complaining as to why I have not yet found a "Wiztuber" that I can stay subscribed to for more than a week. The language of some Wiztubers is also frustrating. Ugh, don't let them ruin a good game for you. I think that KI will be fine as long as they keep good updates and listen to the requests of their community. (We are the ones who fund the game not the dying YouTube channels)
I do watch Blazelifehammer though. I don't know that you think of him.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
coolstudygirl on May 27, 2017 wrote:
I do watch Blazelifehammer though. I don't know that you think of him.
No, the game is not dead.

As for Blazelifehammer, he is only voicing his opinions. Unless he has inside info from KI staff, that is all it is.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
One thing that troubles me in seeing some youtube videos is there seems to be an adult many name who is trickingpeople into giving their log in and then contacting them inappropriately. That's all I want to say about that. But maybe KI can look into it since the videos name the person

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Area51Alien on May 20, 2017 wrote:
Personally, no.

Kings Isle is releasing new content. There is plenty to do to keep a casual game going. The fact that the 9th birthday is coming soon, and the fact that there are still plenty of wizards running around the spiral is pretty indicative that Wizards is not dead.

I started playing over seven years ago and got my Wizard to Marleybone. After my first wife passed, I lost interest in a lot of things (Wizards included). Recently I started back into Wizards as a way of spending time with my now grown and scattered children. We're still having fun with the game now seven years later. So after seeing all the new content that KI has released in the interim of my hiatus and the reasons I stated above, I would have to say that Wizards101 is very much alive and well.

Pirates 101 on the other hand...
Same thing happen to me, when my husband passed away. But now, It keeps me busy when I am bored.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2015
no but its definitely on its way!i think in 2-4 years it will be considered dead unless the game does lots of changes!