Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

muted?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I am an adult player of 9 years and logged in today and get a message saying that i am muted for 10 years. Now, I have never been reprimanded for anything. Never been muted for the shorter time periods that are available, because well, I haven't ever done anything wrong. I have asked for the reason why and the only thing I am told is that I have violated terms that I agreed to when I signed up. There is no proof given, no emails sent to say I misbehaved.
Then they say this is something that is irreversible once muted. I just renewed my membership @ $60, the day before I am muted.
My question is- how can a mute be upheld with no proof?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
PresleyRose411 on May 10, 2017 wrote:
I am an adult player of 9 years and logged in today and get a message saying that i am muted for 10 years. Now, I have never been reprimanded for anything. Never been muted for the shorter time periods that are available, because well, I haven't ever done anything wrong. I have asked for the reason why and the only thing I am told is that I have violated terms that I agreed to when I signed up. There is no proof given, no emails sent to say I misbehaved.
Then they say this is something that is irreversible once muted. I just renewed my membership @ $60, the day before I am muted.
My question is- how can a mute be upheld with no proof?
KingsIsle has proof, when a report is sent in, whoever is responsible checks the chat logs.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
do you have any other accounts linked to your Family account?

I had this happen to me not too long ago (not a 10 year mute, Wow, Harsh) because of something another member did that was linked to my family account. So they muted all of my accounts, even though I was not the violator.

maybe look into that if that could be a possibility? KI fixed mine Immediately (super impressed, it was on Thanksgiving morning!). if so, you can Mute that account in the meantime with the Master Pass and ask KI for more info on which Character committed the violation (the email I had received regarding being muted stated the name of the player who violated the terms, so that is how I knew it was the linked account, not mine). And Change your Password if anyone has been running on your characters - if you shared, that could be the problem then you might be stuck. (another reason never a good idea to let anyone run your chars)

Good Luck on Resolve

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
10 years. owo. It would seem as if someone logged into your account and immediately cussed up a storm. 10 years for nothing is extreme.
Good luck with reasoning!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
SilverMonkey makes some very good points and suggestions.

Try to get as much information as possible from KI. If you have been muted for 10 years, whoever did the 'crime' had to have done something pretty heinous for that to happen, especially if you have not received any prior warning.

* Do you have more than one account? Are they linked?
* Do you share your personal wizards with anyone else in your family?

I have two accounts. One is mine, the other is my spouse's. They are both linked to a family account. (For example) If my spouse did something horribly nasty in the game, KI would mute both accounts, as they are linked.

I sincerely hope you can get this resolved soon.