Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical not working in Sardonyx

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
Hello all, I am a level 100 Ice Wizard currently in the Sardonyx in Khrysalis. I was fighting some mobs and some bosses in the Sardonyx and realized something odd. I was not getting any criticals. I had been questing for about 30 minutes to an hour and had not received even one critical in the whole time I had been there questing. I double checked to see if I had my critical gear on and sure enough i did. 59% critical chance. There was no way i was just "getting unlucky" cause I have over 50 % and had not crit in an hour of questing. I went to unicorn way to test and out of 5 battles I crit 4 battles and did not crit 1 battle. I am not sure if there is some secret I dont know about the sardonyx and it may be part of the quest line or something that you cant use crit or what is going on but I think the Sardonyx is cursed or something. Greyrose could there possibly be a glitch or is it any chance that with 59% crit that I am just getting that unlucky only in the sardonyx? Please put your input and if anyone can help me figure out this mystery by all means help me. Thanks guys.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
ManlyJoe on May 3, 2017 wrote:
Hello all, I am a level 100 Ice Wizard currently in the Sardonyx in Khrysalis. I was fighting some mobs and some bosses in the Sardonyx and realized something odd. I was not getting any criticals. I had been questing for about 30 minutes to an hour and had not received even one critical in the whole time I had been there questing. I double checked to see if I had my critical gear on and sure enough i did. 59% critical chance. There was no way i was just "getting unlucky" cause I have over 50 % and had not crit in an hour of questing. I went to unicorn way to test and out of 5 battles I crit 4 battles and did not crit 1 battle. I am not sure if there is some secret I dont know about the sardonyx and it may be part of the quest line or something that you cant use crit or what is going on but I think the Sardonyx is cursed or something. Greyrose could there possibly be a glitch or is it any chance that with 59% crit that I am just getting that unlucky only in the sardonyx? Please put your input and if anyone can help me figure out this mystery by all means help me. Thanks guys.
Just really bad luck. The critical system is like a generator picking a random number from 1-100.

For example:

Lands on

1-9 Critical!
10-19 Critical!
20-29 Critical!
30-39 Critical!
40-49 Critical!
50-59 Critical!
60-69 No Critical!
70-79 No Critical!
80-89 No Critical!
90-100 No Critical!

Criticals average 6/10 times. (Rounded)

Essentially, you have a 41% chance NOT to critical, which is pretty high itself. Just unlucky. Hope that turns around!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 100+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)