Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I've Got A Golden Ticket!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 05, 2013
PvP. It's broken enough, not even going into that. The rewards, though? Eh, all the gear is non-pve and the mounts and pets aren't anything too special. What about a new system? A system similar to pirate with excellent weapons and/or gear, mounts, etc.

Introducing, the golden ticket!
I see two ways to get them, straight from pvp, like the normal tickets, or sell 10 pvp tickets for one golden. All the items sold for golden tickets would be top tier, crown level, pvp and non-pvp gear. Every school's stats would be balanced as well (sorry fire, no love from me) Here's some examples:

Alhazred's Balanced Wand- (Could look like the borealis wands, but pyramids instead of the borealis)
120+ only
+1 Power pip start of fight
+10% Damage
+150 Universal Critical Chance
+100 Universal Block
Gives Cards:
(6) Balance Wand Hits
(1) Gaze of Fate

Halston's Storm Cloud- (Could just be gloves with electricity sparking in between)
120+ Only
+1 power pip start of fight
+10% Damage
+200 Universal Critical Chance
+50 Universal Block
Gives Cards:
(6) Storm Wand Hits
(1) Rusalka's Wrath

Alhazred's Balanced Wand-
10+ only
+1% Damage
Gives Cards:
(6) Balance Wand Hits

Just Ideas

Thoughts, comments, criticism?
Let me know!

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
XaZeRs on May 2, 2017 wrote:
PvP. It's broken enough, not even going into that. The rewards, though? Eh, all the gear is non-pve and the mounts and pets aren't anything too special. What about a new system? A system similar to pirate with excellent weapons and/or gear, mounts, etc.

I see two ways to get them, straight from pvp, like the normal tickets, or sell 10 pvp tickets for one golden. All the items sold for golden tickets would be top tier, crown level, pvp and non-pvp gear. Every school's stats would be balanced as well (sorry fire, no love from me) Here's some examples:

Alhazred's Balanced Wand- (Could look like the borealis wands, but pyramids instead of the borealis)
120+ only
+10% Damage
+100 Universal Block
Gives Cards:
(6) Balance Wand Hits
(1) Gaze of Fate

Halston's Storm Cloud- (Could just be gloves with electricity sparking in between)
120+ Only
+10% Damage
+50 Universal Block
Gives Cards:
(6) Storm Wand Hits
(1) Rusalka's Wrath

10+ only
+1% Damage
Gives Cards:
(6) Balance Wand Hits

Just Ideas

Let me know!
This is a really unique concept. I like it, but I also wouldn't want it to totally crush the current system we have now.

The top tier PvP gear is hardly made up of PvP Only items besides some athames and rings. A lot of the pets have decent first gen stats, mainly the ones available for tickets in the Pet Pavilion.

Having balanced school stats throughout has its pros and cons which I frankly don't want to elaborate, but I'm sure someone else will be more passionate about this topic.

Again, I like the concept, just needs some more specifics, but of course that takes time.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 100+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Hero
May 07, 2015
XaZeRs on May 2, 2017 wrote:

120+ only
+10% Damage
+100 Universal Block
Gives Cards:
(6) Balance Wand Hits
(1) Gaze of Fate

120+ Only
+10% Damage
+50 Universal Block
Gives Cards:
(6) Storm Wand Hits
(1) Rusalka's Wrath

10+ only
+1% Damage
Gives Cards:
(6) Balance Wand Hits

Just Ideas

Let me know!
question, where did you get the idea for the golden ticket part? was it in your imagination, or was it from a movie? (if its from a movie, I can probably guess which one(s) if its from a movie, could you possibly say which one?

also, very good idea. I never pvp. but I still have like 100 tickets sitting around, so this is a good idea.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
To answer you both, this system is mainly derived from pirate101. The golden ticket was just so it wouldn't screw with the current system.

And as for the last diviner, part of the idea is also so the game isn't so 'pay to win'. The best wands are from crown packs and for those who aren't lucky or can't afford aren't stuck with an amateur wand, considering they can pvp.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
XaZeRs on May 4, 2017 wrote:
To answer you both, this system is mainly derived from pirate101. The golden ticket was just so it wouldn't screw with the current system.

And as for the last diviner, part of the idea is also so the game isn't so 'pay to win'. The best wands are from crown packs and for those who aren't lucky or can't afford aren't stuck with an amateur wand, considering they can pvp.
Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 100+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)