Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fix mob spells

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
I feel like some of the spells mobs (and some/most bosses) cast should changed from our spells to make some battles easier.

1. take the weakness away from death pigs please! its a nuisance.

2. make it so that medusa can only stun once rather than twice. it is really annoying.

3. take the charms and shields get destroyed effect away from earth quake, sirens and leviathan. they are all powerful enough as it is with out your blades getting taken off possibly before a big hit that you cant just repeat!

4. also I think "enfeeble" should be removed completely in general because who wants that?!

I don't think our spells should be changed just the mobs (and some/most bosses) because it really a pain sometimes.

post your thoughts on what you think should or shouldn't be changed and why.

Jason GoldenFlame lvl 97 ()

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I personally don't agree with this. Having spells as the ones you stated available to mobs is what gives monster battles difficulty. Your ideas are simplifying PvE quite a bit.

1. It is a nuisance, but death mobs had no "annoying spell" beforehand, making them extremely easy to deal with. Carry cleanse charm tc, they help and they are readily available at the bazaar.

2. Medusa is the only, unique double stun in the game. Why not instead add stun blocks to prevent it.

3. You are complaining about charm and ward destroying spells? It seems you should change your strategy and use more traps in place of blades so you don't have to worry about such things. Too many people rely on a single, one-hit kills for bosses. It's alright to deal moderate, successive damage with one or two blades than worrying about your 4 blades being destroyed by an earthquake.

4. Leave the mobs be, some things are beyond your control. Learn how to work under pressure. If you can't be reliable after a set back, who's going to want you on their team for a group dungeon?

Nearly all of these problems you are complaining about can be avoided by changing your own strategy.

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Genevieve HexPyre 100+ PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Khrysalis)

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Um nope.

1. I don't like this spell either, but if you carry a wand hit, or barring that, Cleanse Charm treasure cards, you can solve that problem pretty easily.
  2. Yeah, Medusa is the only spell that can stun for 2 turns. I would keep its uniqueness in that respect but lower the damage to 570.
  3. The disarming effect gets pretty annoying. Of those three, Earthquake is the only one that's really problematic. Try to put some traps before starting to blade.
  4. I'd like to see a change to Enfeeble – perhaps removing only 3 or 4 charms.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I disagree. The game has been nerfed too much already. Mobs hardly every quake or siren now. It's silly being in high level worlds but enemies still using only low rank attacks. It gets boring being able to do every single fight the same way without thinking.