Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Things that MUST be changed in PvP!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Hi, all.

I have played this game for a really long time now and watched how a majority of players played the game just to PvP. Many players are quitting the game. I made a list down below on ways I think we can fix PvP.

1- Boosting
This topic makes hardcore PvP players like me, furious. Boosting is when a player makes multiple accounts and face themselves, making it so the person they want to rank on will win and their other account will lose. A wizard called Richard has 9 accounts that are boosted over 6700 rank. What he does is go into a 4v4 match with all of his wizards, and have one team have no decks and gear on so they lose instantly. I don't like this because this is a form of cheating and it makes me feel like I can't get past the leaders on the leaderboards unless I boost. One way to fix this would be to monitor the 3v3 and 4v4 matches and see how long the match was and check if the players win instantly.

2- Shadow Shrike
This is a topic that I know most wizards won't agree with me on but shadow shrike needs a nerf. I am a jade life that uses a nova strategy, but I am having a huge amount of trouble winning because of shadow shrike. I have at least 80% resist to each school, which makes it really hard to kill me. Then, my opponent could just put a shadow shrike up and kill me easily. The best way to fix this is to make shrike no PvP, or lower shrikes pierce and up the damage a bit.

3- Loremaster and Burning Rampage
Loremaster and Buring Rampage are to cards that literally make wizards in PvP rage. Wizards can spam Loremaster and deal a ton of damage and leave a weakness and a mantle to go along with it, for only 4 pips. Burning Rampage deals a massive amount of damage and is extremely difficult to counter. If you are second to the Wizard using Burning Rampage, unless you predicted it and pulled a triage from your side, you are basically dead or close to death. If you try to shield, the wizard can just simply counter your shield by using fire beetle or fire elf, and in some cases another Buring Rampage just to make you rage. To fix this, Loremaster should be 5 pips instead of 4, making it so the wizard can not spam it as often. I am unsure about how to fix Burning Rampage, but lowering the DOT damage would be a good idea.

4- Tournament Setting
This is a topic that can be fixed so easily, but I am still unsure about the way to work spectating. If you are in a tournament (in this example a quick match), you can have your friends go to other players in your bracket and find out their school. Then in the second match, you can figure out who you are facing, then put a bunch of dispels for there school in your deck, and put a mastery amulet on. Then, you can dispel spam them until the damage is so high you can one shot them. A way to fix this is to eliminate the factor for characters to figure out who they are facing.

Leave a reply down below on what you think!

Justin Shadow Lvl 50: Proud Myth Mastery User. Rank: 2015

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I agree with everything on this list except nerfing shrike. Strike was invented precisely to counter jade strategies and does not need a nerf until jade(And it's counterparts) is nerfed as well. Besides even with shrike- jade angels are notoriously difficult to take down.

If lore is made 5 pips I propose buffing its effects to 25% weakness and 45% mantle and damage to 480-520.

To fix rampage redistribute damage to 440 then 330 damage 2 rounds later. In this way the spell is still as strong as it currently is but is more easily countered.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
As you said would happen, I'm gonna disagree with you on shadow shrike. I know Shadow Shrike may seem like a huge problem for people who use jade gear, but believe me from the other side of the spectrum we think the same about jade gear. For those who use jade gear shadow shrike seems like a problem, for other wizards jjade gear seems like the problem that needs to be fixed. All in all Kingsisle can't make everyone happy so you just have to accept a compromise. I don't have much to say on the other topics except that I totally agree boosting is wrong, and it ruins the game for those who actually try.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Boosting is becoming a problem KI is going to have to address, and quickly. Whether or not it *technically* violates KI's rules or standards is beside the point-it's cheating, plain and simple.

I have to agree with the other respondents that shrike isn't something which needs to be removed from PvP. With so many Jade players, shrike is pretty necessary. Plus shrike has its downsides (lower heal, possible heavy damage to yourself).

As for Loremaster and Rampage, this is a tough one. It's possible to purchase Lore as a TC in the bazaar, or get the TC through trading. Rampage is a whole other kettle of awfulness. If a low-level has Rampage, that means that low-level has access to a high-level dungeon, because Rampage is not a TC. The only way to get that spell is farming a stone key dungeon. And I empathize with how horrible it is to be a level 10, facing another level 10, only to lose to Rampage. You stand there, head spinning, muttering words that would make a merchant marine say "Whoa there, watch the language."

PvP is a hot mess, no doubt about it. And hopefully, KI will start taking the comments on PvP seriously, especially when it comes to boosting.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
I agree with everything on this list except nerfing shrike. Strike was invented precisely to counter jade strategies and does not need a nerf until jade(And it's counterparts) is nerfed as well. Besides even with shrike- jade angels are notoriously difficult to take down.

If lore is made 5 pips I propose buffing its effects to 25% weakness and 45% mantle and damage to 480-520.

To fix rampage redistribute damage to 440 then 330 damage 2 rounds later. In this way the spell is still as strong as it currently is but is more easily countered.
I like your ideas to change lore and rampage. The only problem is that if lore could give a 45% mantle, it would make storms and other lower accuracy schools fizzle almost all the time making it unstoppable (even though it already is). I feel like upping the damage and keeping the mantle the same, would be a good idea. Your idea to fix rampage makes so much sense and that should definitely be KI's approach.

As for shrike, I am seeing that it's something that wizards need to take down jades. I guess jades just need to figure out how to counter shrike.

See you in the arena!

Justin Shadow

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Snee432 on Apr 22, 2017 wrote:
Boosting is becoming a problem KI is going to have to address, and quickly. Whether or not it *technically* violates KI's rules or standards is beside the point-it's cheating, plain and simple.

I have to agree with the other respondents that shrike isn't something which needs to be removed from PvP. With so many Jade players, shrike is pretty necessary. Plus shrike has its downsides (lower heal, possible heavy damage to yourself).

As for Loremaster and Rampage, this is a tough one. It's possible to purchase Lore as a TC in the bazaar, or get the TC through trading. Rampage is a whole other kettle of awfulness. If a low-level has Rampage, that means that low-level has access to a high-level dungeon, because Rampage is not a TC. The only way to get that spell is farming a stone key dungeon. And I empathize with how horrible it is to be a level 10, facing another level 10, only to lose to Rampage. You stand there, head spinning, muttering words that would make a merchant marine say "Whoa there, watch the language."

PvP is a hot mess, no doubt about it. And hopefully, KI will start taking the comments on PvP seriously, especially when it comes to boosting.
Your quote gave me an idea. As you stated, it is very hard to face a lower level wizard with rampage. If KI could put a level cap for the dungeon (Ex: Level 70), it would make it so lower level characters wouldn't be able to obtain rampage because it is not a TC (yet). That would give lower level wizards a break because they don't have to worry about rampage.

See you in the arena!

Justin Shadow

Survivor
Sep 12, 2013
People who boost doesn't really bother me an over inflated rank for a level 5 or 1 is an obvious boost so if they need a high rank to be happy that's fine. What does bother me is the use of cheat engine people say they are playing two accounts because one is muted or some other excuse. Now with cheat engine you can see up what your watching in the gallery to know what spells will be played. Their are other programs like hawk that lets you know players hand. Now I find it hard to believe when some pets heal 4 or 5 times in a match also.
Now for lore spam that's fine its a strategy even though its aggravating to be on the receiving end.
Same for bolt spam.
Same for jade/angle frustrating but a strategy.
Now I admit sometimes its just salt when you think people cheating but Id say 7 out of 10 times if you think they cheating in ranked they are. Watch some matches and you start to see how it really is.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Tournament needs to change too! You should not be allowed to switch gear in between the tourney! People watch battles and know ahead of time who they are going against, port out of the arena, then switch their gear and deck. This should not be allowed, it isn't fair.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2015
Sadly, max level PVP is broken because of the 4 pip shadow spells introduced in mirage, I agree with all your suggestions to change pvp except for shrike because it is heavily required to beat jades.

I hope KI looks forward to change pvp and try their best to make the schools equally powerful.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
For low level pvp I seriously do not know why KI can not just implement level restrictions for certain spells. Gargantuan has a level restriction, why not other cards? Burning rampage is from a level 70+ dungeon, should a level 10 really be allowed to use it

Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
To Be truthful your not wrong. people are going crazy with breaking the game and in this way I know KI will lose there members cause of the people wanting to keep the pvp or game broken. If you really want to fix it then do this no more jade armor, no more mastery amulets, no more shadow form or creature, fix the gear system so it wont be over powered. cause really I am a death wizard and I do pvp for skill not to over power or spam in anyway. people do that and say it's skill.
KI is losing members cause of all of this, I mean look at elsword there grow with more people and it cause there pvp system don't have Spam all over the place or over powered resist, same with attacks. If they do they change there gear which you get from a quest and your original wont help you much in pvp only the gear you get in quest mode which fixes the potential Spam or break people would try to do. only way you would lose is from the low level high level match up and skill set. The game is more fun cause of it and makes me wonder why isn't wizard 101 like this. cause of this elsword has built up more way on character development, skill setting, even change of combos. so you can't make a repeat to kill your enemy. All I want to do now in wizard 101 is just hang with my friend till then I'll just leave sooner or later. KI if your reading this you should know my wizard by now not sure if you ever watch my wizard in action but you know I don't do one hit kill and love to do combo set up. as a death wizard I see what my spell can do and when that new world first came out. I fell in love with the difficulty of that world even when the minions had a shadow pip. I solo that place and called it my playground cause it made me use every spell I had and come up with new way i never knew i could do and that I thank you. But now i don't know All i can say is you will know how well I do if I was ya partner.

Defender
May 11, 2013
To this whole post I say PVP needs to keep their ideas to their self I'm tired of pvpers crying because they are too horrid to play the game. First you got the crit system destroyed now you want more spells destroyed. maybe instead of being a reason why some spells exist try not being so toxic by Wearing jade and turtling matches WHICH needs to change. I'm sick of pvp updates ruining PvE.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
RedDragon877 on Jun 24, 2017 wrote:
To this whole post I say PVP needs to keep their ideas to their self I'm tired of pvpers crying because they are too horrid to play the game. First you got the crit system destroyed now you want more spells destroyed. maybe instead of being a reason why some spells exist try not being so toxic by Wearing jade and turtling matches WHICH needs to change. I'm sick of pvp updates ruining PvE.
Except for the fact(s) that:

a)The crit change was not Pvp's fault
b) PvPers have as much right to feedback as PvEers
c) PvP has resulted in many BUFFS as well- ready to give those back too?

Boy this PvP oriented test must really have you off your rocker. This amuses me.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
That you are telling the truth about. But remember it never the system that mess up things which you already know. it the people's choice on the spell they use. And what they do with it, some people want a fair match, a few people want to just win so will go for power but will try to keep it fair, and the rest just want to break the game, laugh at you, call you trash, and say you are a noob. which is funny cause big portion of them can not last long in certain dungeon solo. but the people they beat could. which shows you who actually had the real skills. so how about this all people who read this post do this find a friend you want to pvp go in avalon and fight in that free pvp area at anytime cause I will be there to watch. only cause I love pvp that not about only winning but actually doing a fair match. change your armor both don't go high power and make sure you don't, just see how much power your spells can really bring out, you will enjoy and know how much power your spells can really do to a pve battle. If you hate how pvp is played then why don't we all try to fix it as izard members. we can stop this easy. besides the whole point of a game is to have fun and feel hype to play against one another. so let start this one at a time agreed?

Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
Oh and one more thing I don't mean get rid of it more like lock it from pvp not from pve cause those spell are useful we all know that.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
I keep forgetting this also I don't use jade armor and I use regular armor I fight with my spells I don't use other spells I didn't want the critical system to change in pve, cause one i mostly like it for my heals since I am death and i only use death heals nothing else. Also I solo a lot of worlds just for the challenge to pin point that one. Helping i don't mine doing that one which everyone calls me even if I am doing that dragon shadow boss solo. It broke me when I was so close to killing him for the fifth time then someone pop up and get killed, have to heal that person up and finish the battle. The love of soloing it can break so easy. but that post was mostly just for pvp only not pve. mostly just want to lock those spells up for the people who uses it for a no chance winning set up.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2014
sure it helps people alot on the things they need. plus you know you would like that as well if you keep some spells out of pvp area and have it normal I think alot of people would have a better chance to at least make it. and hey you seem like a pvp player want a match?

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Jun 8, 2017 wrote:
For low level pvp I seriously do not know why KI can not just implement level restrictions for certain spells. Gargantuan has a level restriction, why not other cards? Burning rampage is from a level 70+ dungeon, should a level 10 really be allowed to use it
Truthfully, people get around the level restriction for Gargantuan (except on pet cards or jewels) by crafting it or gardening Sunions or Sour Fickle Pickles. I would say that the majority of low level Warlords are using Colossal and Gargantuan and they are definitely under level 58!

It was annoying when Level 5's were using Quick Join to farm Loremaster and while they can still farm Loremaster, they cannot go into Quick Join and annoy people by not doing anything, or just running into the circle just before the Loremaster is defeated. So while it is not possible to join strangers, it's still possible to farm for Loremaster and Rampage for level 5 characters.

What KI needs to do is take this seriously and level limit the TCs and take the spells like Rampage out of low levels.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
RedDragon877 on Jun 24, 2017 wrote:
A few things here-

1- PvP has no effect on PvE at all, we have our own critical system and when ours changed your critical system changed too. That's what the community wanted.

2- Please don't leave negative comments which don't relate to the subject at all. This should be its own thread. I love PvE and I don't want PvP to have an effect on PvE.